I have REAL issues with the Blue Devils

well thats fine and your opinion....maybe you need to judge then or change the rules to fit that do something HARDER...which is subjective and doesnt do it as well and win...yeah makes alot of sense......why doesnt the 13th place corps throw the kitchen sink out there and ATTEMPT and make finals rather than a corps who actually taught technique and being clean..yeah lots of sense there

If you got a B in an on level course and got a B in an Advanced Placement course which is more impressive? The AP one obviously. That's exactly the case between BD and Crown. 13th place corps aren't even in the discussion. The reason they can't go balls to the wall is because they don't have the talent pool that medal corps do.

If you got a B in an on level course and got a B in an Advanced Placement course which is more impressive? The AP one obviously. That's exactly the case between BD and Crown. 13th place corps aren't even in the discussion. The reason they can't go balls to the wall is because they don't have the talent pool that medal corps do.

youre assuming in YOUR opinion that Crown is the advanced course....many agree and MANY disagree totally...

• Like 1

To me this argument is similar to a complaint many have with the film industry. The films that win the Academy Award for best picture are not usually those that break box office records. Many of the best films don't bring in $300 Million, there isn't a wizard, a comic book hero, or blue people that are 8 feet tall. DCI is an activity that's made up entirely of young people that sacrifice much and work extremely hard at what they do...top to bottom. Cheer excessively for those whose efforts and performance you appreciate, go get nachos during those you don't care for.

This is assuming that you are better at judging and critiquing a corps performance at a more accurate level than the judges who I am willing to bet have YEARS more experience doing than you. Who the hell are you to say which show is more difficult? By all means, provide some factual argument on why Crown's show is more difficult. Once you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are correct in your baseless assumption that whatever Crown is doing is more difficult than what BD is doing, you have no right to base your arguments on that as a statement of fact.

I'll wait.

youre assuming in YOUR opinion that Crown is the advanced course....many agree and MANY disagree totally...

How could you disagree? It's a FACT that Crown's show is harder. If you disagree you're uneducated on the activity or have never marched.

Edited by Corpsgasm

How could you disagree? It's a FACT that Crown's show is harder. If you disagree you're uneducated on the activity or have never marched.

No, it's not a fact at all. And clearly, since I disagree, I never marched (for a bunch of years), or taught (for a bunch more), and am uneducated on the activity I've been apart of for almost thirty years.

I think it's pretty funny though, that you continue to troll your own thread. I'll give you points for perseverance though.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

This is assuming that you are better at judging and critiquing a corps performance at a more accurate level than the judges who I am willing to bet have YEARS more experience doing than you. Who the hell are you to say which show is more difficult? By all means, provide some factual argument on why Crown's show is more difficult. Once you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are correct in your baseless assumption that whatever Crown is doing is more difficult than what BD is doing, you have no right to base your arguments on that as a statement of fact.

I'll wait.

Watch the shows closely bud. Are you blindfolded watching these shows? Crowns whole opener they were absolutely booking it. Blue Devils are only booking it when their horns are down (minus maybe a small portion of the show).

To me this argument is similar to a complaint many have with the film industry. The films that win the Academy Award for best picture are not usually those that break box office records. Many of the best films don't bring in $300 Million, there isn't a wizard, a comic book hero, or blue people that are 8 feet tall. DCI is an activity that's made up entirely of young people that sacrifice much and work extremely hard at what they do...top to bottom. Cheer excessively for those whose efforts and performance you appreciate, go get nachos during those you don't care for.

youre right...how boring if everyone liked every corps....seems like that what some want and define drum corps as to their likes..for me I would love to see 12 different in finals not 12 high volocity not 12 lower keyed high browed not 12 classical..and def. not 12 show girl shows...and to define what drum corps is or should be is nuts..ive done this for decades not a year or 2 and I wouldnt dream of being so arrogrant as to say what ALL corps should be...NOONE is entitled to that period

Watch the shows closely bud. Are you blindfolded watching these shows? Crowns whole opener they were absolutely booking it. Blue Devils are only booking it when their horns are down (minus maybe a small portion of the show).

So your entire basis for difficulty is based around how fast someone is running?

• Like 1

youre right...how boring if everyone liked every corps....seems like that what some want and define drum corps as to their likes..for me I would love to see 12 different in finals not 12 high volocity not 12 lower keyed high browed not 12 classical..and def. not 12 show girl shows...and to define what drum corps is or should be is nuts..ive done this for decades not a year or 2 and I wouldnt dream of being so arrogrant as to say what ALL corps should be...NOONE is entitled to that period

Okay at least we can agree on that. Saying all corps should be doing the same stuff is a little arrogant thinking over it. It gives us variety and identities throughout the corps.