I have REAL issues with the Blue Devils

How could you disagree? It's a FACT that Crown's show is harder. If you disagree you're uneducated on the activity or have never marched.

now this is stupid and cant believe I will stoop to this BUT...ok I teach 2 WC corps..1 DCA corps consulting..have a few rings as a member taught for over 30 years..JUdged in almost every arena..............YOU?...yeah I thought so..oh and by the way its not fact and who said harder is better..its just harder....

Edited by GUARDLING

So your entire basis for difficulty is based around how fast someone is running?

The only thing I want to state right now is that my knowledge on percussion and guard is minimal at best. That being said, what else would determine difficulty? Playing loud volumes in tune and jazz running...does it get much harder? And if so are the Blue Devils doing it? No.

now this is stupid and cant believe I will stoop to this BUT...ok I teach 2 WC corps..1 DCA corps consulting..have a few rings as a member taught for over 30 years..JUdged in almost every arena..............YOU?...yeah I thought so

I marched, and taught Visual which is why it is so frustrating to see people like this Corpsgasm doofus come on here and act like he understands the activity better than the people on these boards with real experience.

I marched, and taught Visual which is why it is so frustrating to see people like this Corpsgasm doofus come on here and act like he understands the activity better than the people on these boards with real experience.

Get your head out of the sand. How about this...you post a clip of Blue Devils doing something tough in your book and I'll post something of Crown doing something tough in my book. I bet if we did a poll on it yours would be in the minority.

Watch the shows closely bud. Are you blindfolded watching these shows? Crowns whole opener they were absolutely booking it. Blue Devils are only booking it when their horns are down (minus maybe a small portion of the show).

I know this has been said a bunch of times, but "booking it" is NOT the only difficulty. Not by a long shot.

Playing loud volumes in tune and jazz running...does it get much harder?

Actually, it's not nearly as hard as you think it is. There are MUCH harder things being done on the field that that, by both Devils and Crown.

And if so are the Blue Devils doing it? No.

Thank goodness, too. Because who wants to see them do what everyone else is doing? They've done that before, and have moved on.

And just an FYI, if you are going to resort to argumentum ad hominem, you might want to sign your posts and let us all know what your drum corps experience is. otherwise we;ll continue to believe that you are nothing more than a simple forum troll.

And not a particularly good one.

• Like 2

because im on the road and many corps discourage members and staff from coming on ANY social networks ..mainly for these reasons..I try to just give a perspective from somone actually doing it.....although its just my opinion and subjective as everything is...the arrogrance of some to actually think they know what the activity SHOULD be is funny at best....but I hear ya totally...I had a conversation once with someone with very strong opinions once for weeks......my bad.......then I finally find out this troll was 15 ..never been in a corps...wants to audition...bashes everyone....knows how to save the activity...welll let me tell you he gave enough info. in our conversation that hes not getting in any corps if I can help it......everyone can have an opinion BUT come on be serious/

Actually, it's not nearly as hard as you think it is. There are MUCH harder things being done on the field that that, by both Devils and Crown.

Thank goodness, too. Because who wants to see them do what everyone else is doing? They've done that before, and have moved on.

And just an FYI, if you are going to resort to argumentum ad hominem, you might want to sign your posts and let us all know what your drum corps experience is. otherwise we;ll continue to believe that you are nothing more than a simple forum troll.

:thumbup: so easy to tell someone who has a clue :smile: even though we dont always agree..education is a good thing

Edited by GUARDLING

Dude, A+!