I have REAL issues with the Blue Devils

Get your head out of the sand. How about this...you post a clip of Blue Devils doing something tough in your book and I'll post something of Crown doing something tough in my book. I bet if we did a poll on it yours would be in the minority.

polls are only as good or informative as those who choose the participate in them....

• Like 2

I haven't posted in DCP for a while but I would like to chime in on the discussion.

Most of us are musicians or have been at some point in our lives so we have probably all had to play for some sort of audition or jury. Think about what most of your teachers told you about picking audition pieces.

Here is what most teachers will tell you:

"Pick something that shows off all of your skills and something that you can perfect before the big audition. Don't ATTEMPT to play the hardest piece you can find just to impress the panel."

PS. I love Crown and BD's shows (BD's after seeing it live). Crown just may have bitten off more than they can chew but maybe not. Still two weeks to go! Crown has a beautiful and powerful program. BD has a mesmerizing show that just flows so perfectly. Appreciate them for what they are.

• Like 2

oh and an individual chuckin a rifle just for height ,caught any which way isnt hard at all......you can love crown..go for it

Wow, I'm surprised at your low opinion of Crown's rifle line. Huh. I know nothing about guard judging and execution, but I think they're doing significantly more than just tossing it for height.

That said, BD appears to me to have a higher tossing-skill level across their guard, see: the unison all-guard toss this year, or the wave-effect synchronized tosses across again, the entire guard, in the past couple of years.

Edited by skywhopper

Wow, I'm surprised at your low opinion of Crown's rifle line. Huh. I know nothing about guard judging and execution, but I think they're doing significantly more than just tossing it for height.

I never said anything about them . I was talking in general..and dont have a low opinion of Crown at all BUT I also know all the tricks that even though isnt all that hard we in the guard world know what will make a crowd think is hard and actually isnt...With that said. They are doing more than last year with so much individual work and lots of chuckin. Guard has evolved and not just about tossing for effect no matter who it is.

Do I like to see a good toss? sure but I would like to think we evoled a bit from just that...............................not talking any specific corps

you are right IMO about BDs rifle line this year...there were many years i didnt think they deserved best guard BUT I think their skill level this year has improved alot and are cleaner than most

Edited by GUARDLING