I have REAL issues with the Blue Devils

What's the confusing part? Clearly, JamMan does not think people would think I am the most blessed thing to grace his love them! :)

Understand now? :)

Anyways, the Blue Devils completely ROBBED the Atlanta show. I was keeping an open mind before the show started and the first 30-60 seconds of the show really caught my attention. After that it was just downhill. I actually caught a pattern with the Blue Devils (which I've actually somewhat have seen in past shows)...they are marching half-time nearly half the show when they play their music. Then they act like they are doing something crazy when they snap down their horns and jazz run. PUT THE 2 TOGETHER. Crown put the 2 together...were they as clean? No but they shouldn't be when they are jazz running breakneck drill and sounding better than the Blue Devils. I'm seriously so sick of these "formulaic" shows that they consistently put on. Sure they work for them but cater to the fans for once...sheesh. I'm not calling the Blue Devils bad because they are not. They are probably on paper the most talented corps year in year out...but I can't be the only one who is tired of this.

I've thought for years that the only time BD ever does anything hard is when it is a moment where you are focused on them.

Does that mean they are a master of staging? Yes, and they do it extremely well.

However,

Does it mean I like the sounds I hear coming out of their horns and drums? No. but yet again, they play it well because they aren't doing hard movement while they are doing it.

The entire show can't be "hard" musically and an entire show can't be "hard" visually. BD are just the masters of picking and choosing where one point needs to be hard and the other does not.

I respect the cleanliness level they reach, I'm just not entertained by their musical and concept choices that implement that concept.

• Like 1

Another hate rant. Got news for you. BD is very well received out west, but then again, haters got to hate. Now, you call them cheaters as well. All your BS about caring for the kids falls on deaf ears. Say something nice about the kids and then you can rip their performance and show and corp to pieces. Very sad. :thumbdown:

Another response to someone's opinion by throwing the "hate" card. Why can't the BD honks just accept criticism without this response? Someone said that Regiment was boring them. Others are critical of Crown, Cadets, etc. Cavaliers have been taking it on the chin all season. Do any if their fans drop the "hate" card? No.

You know what the best response is? Silence.

Another small favor to ask you specifically. It's spelled corps, with the "s". But I don't hate you for it.

Garry in Vegas

• Like 3

am not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOOam not ARE TOO..So there!

• Like 1

Mr. Flammaster, I'd appreciate it if you didn't hijack a simple thread about how sucky the Blue Devils are to go off topic about me and Mr. Hopkins. While I am happy to proclaim my adoration it just doesn't seem right in the middle of this important discussion.

I beg to differ....every good drama needs a love interest....and you and Hoppy are it! tongue.gif

I presume there was no dancing after last years win....he owes you!

This BD show has no risk, which equates to no excitement. The design they have chosen to present has very little exposure a the ensemble visual level, and when they do it is very simplistic. This show is way over rated in my opinion. They continue to get away with some terrible transitions where anybody else would get raked over the coals.

• Like 3

My largest complaint: getting dressed on the field. How do you judge this? DO they judge this? Its in the show, should they be docked for lack of (pardon this pun) uniformity of the manner in getting dressed?

I swore i would stay away from posting again in here but i wanted to point out that during the dressing is a guard feature. The people running the multicam apparently want to watch the drumline dres instead of a guard feature. The vocals are there to give them time to change.