I have REAL issues with the Blue Devils

My only problem is the show doesn't "feel" like a championship show yet its being treated like one. Otherwise I kinda like the show.

That's actually how I feel about it. Last year, I think they could have won, and people would have liked it. It was such a fun show, with such great brass and percussion parts. This year just seems like they're mad they didn't win last year, so they're just phoning it in to get a sheet maxing show. Kind of an ''if I can't win, I don't want to play'' design

• Like 1

Alright I'm now to the point of being so fed up that I'm actually going to publicly rant because I KNOW that judges come snooping on here. Maybe they can take a hint. I'll probably get a lot of negative reputation for this but quite frankly I rather voice my own opinion. If you don't agree then that's fine but you're probably in the minority.

Anyways, the Blue Devils completely ROBBED the Atlanta show. I was keeping an open mind before the show started and the first 30-60 seconds of the show really caught my attention. After that it was just downhill. I actually caught a pattern with the Blue Devils (which I've actually somewhat have seen in past shows)...they are marching half-time nearly half the show when they play their music. Then they act like they are doing something crazy when they snap down their horns and jazz run. PUT THE 2 TOGETHER. Crown put the 2 together...were they as clean? No but they shouldn't be when they are jazz running breakneck drill and sounding better than the Blue Devils. I'm seriously so sick of these "formulaic" shows that they consistently put on. Sure they work for them but cater to the fans for once...sheesh. I'm not calling the Blue Devils bad because they are not. They are probably on paper the most talented corps year in year out...but I can't be the only one who is tired of this.

By the way I'm not saying Blue Devils shouldn't have been close to winning but they should have been 2nd to Crown in a matter of tenths. Hope I don't take too much crap for this lol.

Discuss

While people are hating on you for your post, don't worry. Many people feel the same but there's nothing you can do about it. There are too many posts with the same topic. I can't stand BD's show either. I have resorted to considering 2nd place the new 1st place. Crown won last night in my mind as well as hundreds of others.

Just because Crowns brass plays well doesn't mean they should win first. Listen to the drumline and watch some visual. It's very very dirty in the battery the pit parts aren't very hard and the corps just can't go watering because then it won't fit the show at all. You can't win DCI with a terrible battery or on the flip end a perfect battery and terrible brass. Bd has great Brass, percussion and guard and maybe it's because that Devs staff has been together for so many years. SUre Devs show might not be your cup of tea but they are performing it to the max. Crowns guard and brass are performing that show to the max as well but they aren't getting the percussion and visual score. i would like to see the bluecoats win, but it won't ever happen.....

While people are hating on you for your post, don't worry. Many people feel the same but there's nothing you can do about it. There are too many posts with the same topic. I can't stand BD's show either. I have resorted to considering 2nd place the new 1st place. Crown won last night in my mind as well as hundreds of others.

i thought STAR 93 felt like a winning show but they didn't win, and i think most of crowns staff (brass) are former star people? maybe crown will start a new version of blast when they lose?

Just because Crowns brass plays well doesn't mean they should win first. Listen to the drumline and watch some visual. It's very very dirty in the battery the pit parts aren't very hard and the corps just can't go watering because then it won't fit the show at all. You can't win DCI with a terrible battery or on the flip end a perfect battery and terrible brass. Bd has great Brass, percussion and guard and maybe it's because that Devs staff has been together for so many years. SUre Devs show might not be your cup of tea but they are performing it to the max. Crowns guard and brass are performing that show to the max as well but they aren't getting the percussion and visual score. i would like to see the bluecoats win, but it won't ever happen.....

I just hate what the Blue Devils are doing to drum corps. When I marched I remember losing soooo much weight because the show was so difficult. We were jazz running at 212 bpm playing runs. That's what drum corps should be. I appreciate anyone who could do that. I just feel like BD is being praised for being lazy and just calling it "innovative."

• Like 1

I just hate what the Blue Devils are doing to drum corps. When I marched I remember losing soooo much weight because the show was so difficult. We were jazz running at 212 bpm playing runs. That's what drum corps should be. I appreciate anyone who could do that. I just feel like BD is being praised for being lazy and just calling it "innovative."

I COMPLETELY agree with this. Jazz running at 212 bpm while playing runs is impressive and exciting! Sure it might not be as "clean" as the Blue Devils half-time 90bpm visual but should it be?!? That's crazy if you think that the 212bpm should get punished for not being as "clean". Guarantee if Blue Devils tried doing 212 bpm they wouldn't be the best in visual. GUARANTEE. Would more people like them? YES. So where is the trade-off?

I COMPLETELY agree with this. Jazz running at 212 bpm while playing runs is impressive and exciting! Sure it might not be as "clean" as the Blue Devils half-time 90bpm visual but should it be?!? That's crazy if you think that the 212bpm should get punished for not being as "clean". Guarantee if Blue Devils tried doing 212 bpm they wouldn't be the best in visual. GUARANTEE. Would more people like them? YES. So where is the trade-off?

you dont get credit for attempt...bottom line..if it isnt clean or cnat be clean then why credit.........If I can throw a 7 but 1/2 the time I drop it then why do a 7 do a 5 and do it right

• Like 2

thats what drum corps should be?..and why is that...drum corps should be variety. period....good doent always mean louder , faster..not that it cant be...cadets..last year

• Like 1

I haven't really been following DCI this season due to personal reasons (thus hardly any posts from me this year)... but by the looks of the scores Crowns percussion is really holding them back again this year... I haven't seen really any shows, in fact I couldn't make it to the Houston and SA shows as I planned... but if Crown wants to win this year they have to get that percussion better. But for the most part I actually like Crowns show this year... I know last year I didn't like it, but this is WAY better than last years show and i'm happy with what they are putting on the field... but congrats to BD for being great!

thats what drum corps should be?..and why is that...drum corps should be variety. period....good doent always mean louder , faster..not that it cant be...cadets..last year

BD doesn't offer variety. Not since 2007. It's the same junk every year. Good talent wasted. Sometimes less is more but in BD's case less means snore.