nightBEAT 2012

Performance order and home show. Frankly, I wouldn't have been surprised if Crown had won. It was set up nicely for them.

Full panel tonight? Full panel from here on out?

Awesome!!!! OK. preparing myself for the onslaught of BD fans that will message me and say that the score was home cooking. Before they do, it needs to be said that Crown has traditionally not performed consistently well at Nightbeat.

So proud of the Cream Team!!!

• Like 1

I'm sorry that much of a point swing IN ONE NIGHT between 1-2 and 7-8 is ludicrous. Not saying that I like one set of scores better than the other but how is that possible?

It's possible because we don't like slotting and we WANT each show adjudicated own its own merit. I am thrilled to see swings, and I don't even care who is up and who is down. I just can't stand to have the order of finish determined at the first Minneapolis regional.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 5

Home show plus favorable judging panel? Big boost. Let's hope they can sway the not so favorable judges as well.

I do think judging panel draw does have a lot to do with these swings in scores. Its not slotting at all. ( or location of show ) Its differnces of opinion on things.. even more than performance levels. Corps sometimes live or die by the simple judging panel draw. Thats life.

Edited by BRASSO

Performance order and home show. Frankly, I wouldn't have been surprised if Crown had won. It was set up nicely for them.

Hey, I thought you were a judge in another circuit, and a judge's advocate. Wouldn't this theory mean that the judges aren't doing their jobs correctly?

• Like 1