nightBEAT 2012

Performance order and home show. Frankly, I wouldn't have been surprised if Crown had won. It was set up nicely for them.

I am not sure if I buy the home show thing. Otherwise the Madison Scouts would have a whole bunch more titles. Yes I know that finals is not really a home show, but you see a lot of locals some of which you wouldn't normally see at a championship. There is something to said for performance order but I think it is given way to much blame particularly by Scouts fans..... I have not really heard as much about it from Crossmen backers.... ... .I heard it more frequently this season than usual... or course maybe I am just noticing it more. Been stuck at home recovering from foot surgery... and DCP and FN are the only things that have kept me sane these last few weeks.

Edited by musclebud
  • Like 1

They picked up 2 1/2 points on BD from Friday to Saturday.

Well they lost a point on Crown tonight and now have 2.5 to make up on them.

Order at these TOC shows hasn't mattered too much. BD went on first at one of them and still won

I am not sure if I buy the home show thing. Otherwise the Madison Scouts would have a whole more titles. Yes I know that finals is not really a home show, but you see at lot of locals some of which you wouldn't normally see at a championship. There is something to said for performance order but I think it is given way to much blame particularly by Scouts fans..... I have not really heard as much about it from Crossmen backers.... ... .I heard it more frequently this season than usual... or course maybe I am just noticing it more. Been stuck at home recovering from foot surgery... and DCP and FN are the only things that have kept me sane these last few weeks.

DCI history is ripe with corps pulling out home show victories they might otherwise never have had (I've been on both ends of that sort of thing). As far as your Scouts example, Finals are a different animal. I'm certainly not saying Crown didn't very much deserve their number tonight....I wasn't there. But don't doubt for a second that it may have been one of many factors.

It just makes Friday night in Allentown all that more interesting.

Edited by Kamarag

I am not sure if I buy the home show thing. Otherwise the Madison Scouts would have a whole more titles. Yes I know that finals is not really a home show, but you see at lot of locals some of which you wouldn't normally see at a championship. There is something to said for performance order but I think it is given way to much blame particularly by Scouts fans..... I have not really heard as much about it from Crossmen backers.... ... .I heard it more frequently this season than usual... or course maybe I am just noticing it more. Been stuck at home recovering from foot surgery... and DCP and FN are the only things that have kept me sane these last few weeks.

I think it happens but it's not any sort of reliable predictor (like it is at an NFL game). You practice at the show site. Lots of support around. Crowd will be behind you. Let's not underestimate the performers though. Plateau / breakthrough happens all the time, Maybe they just pushed past a plateau and improved a lot tonight.

Big REGIONALS the scores tighten up .......smaller shows they make more room for more accurate numbers.

Look at how scores 10-12 usually drop on Finals night from Semis... Normal

• Like 1

Recaps are going to be all over the place.

They sure are... haha!

How did Boston, or anyone else if it happens to them someday, drop 2.3 in one night?

Different panel, different performance, different (smaller) lineup.

Numbers are never absolute as much as they are relational, and when there's no upward pressure from larger numbers of competitors, it's likely that the baseline numbers in given captions might be lower than they would be if more competitors were on the field.

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 1