nightBEAT 2012

Its not all that complicated. One judge sees the forest. One judge sees the trees. One judge imagines himself in France.... another at a cheerleading contest. And another judge is lost in the weeds. We have a variety of shows. And we have a variety of judges.. and apparently neither the twain shall meet.

What is it the 4th time boston has been dump on. Show design is in the top 5 and they are doing a great job with bring it to the next level. I guess time will tell have a great day.

Wow. That is one long explanation and I absolutely appreciate it but I'm not buying it. My thinking is that all judges are supposed to be trained up on the sheets and their interpretation. And at this point of the year is it logical to presume all corps are improving their show performances.

Heh, well, that's just how I imagine things working. And my scenario does explain how two judges could both rate two corps exactly the same, but end up scoring them how they were scored between Atlanta and Charlotte. Given the number of scores within subcaptions that are 0.1 apart at the big regionals, I think the factors of corps number and order *must* have an effect, even if it's not one we can easily predict.

That said, no matter how well trained the judges are or how exacting the sheets are, two judges won't give the same score in a single show. The scores of the four GE judges at regionals and finals are proof of that.

And while, sure, the corps are getting better over time, that doesn't mean each show is objectively a better performance than the one the day before. A few members having an off day or a cold going around, or a corps getting a good night's sleep versus one that drove all night, I would expect could make a difference in performance levels and execution. Given that, if judges could judge 100% objectively I would expect there'd be a lot *more* ups and downs from show to show than we see.

The ushers here are ridiculous, people have been rude, so we moved to the ten yard line. Won't come back to this show again. Very disappointed Crown!

Have had similar experiences at that stadium in the past........ gate nazis.