Interesting fact

Yeah, but... Regiment was not placing around 6th-7th in Percussion in 2008 at Atlanta either.

Crown hasn't been that low in percussion this season until Atlanta I'm pretty sure. This season they have pretty much averaged 5th in percussion...which you CAN win with.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame it on the staff. Your kid is incredibly talented and its being put to waste.

Get some class, man. BD is far and away the most innovative cops this year. They're losing brass by 0.1 and are third in percussion. There's no need to hate on a corps that's in first in a dominating fashion. And to call out a design staff and a kid's summer as a "waste" just lacks class that we're trying to keep in drum corps.

• Like 4

Looking at the numbers, I don't see much chance for history to repeat this year. Phantom 08 had a caption where they could open up a spread vs. BD, and that allowed them to make up for some of their shortcomings. Crown is probably going to win brass, but only by 0.1 or 0.2. Same story in music analysis & music effect.

In fact, Crown has had exactly one judge at exactly one show give them a big spread vs. BD (Steve Calhoun had them +0.9 in music analysis in Lafayette). Aside from that, there's no indication that any judge in any caption will give them numbers that overcome the spreads BD is going to post in percussion & visual effect.

Crown has an awesome brass line and fine show, but it's going to receive a silver medal in two weeks.

Looking at the numbers, I don't see much chance for history to repeat this year. Phantom 08 had a caption where they could open up a spread vs. BD, and that allowed them to make up for some of their shortcomings. Crown is probably going to win brass, but only by 0.1 or 0.2. Same story in music analysis & music effect.

In fact, Crown has had exactly one judge at exactly one show give them a big spread vs. BD (Steve Calhoun had them +0.9 in music analysis in Lafayette). Aside from that, there's no indication that any judge in any caption will give them numbers that overcome the spreads BD is going to post in percussion & visual effect.

Crown has an awesome brass line and fine show, but it's going to receive a silver medal in two weeks.

Want to give me the winning lottery numbers as well?

In all seriousness I see what you're saying but in all honesty this is a spread that can be overcome in 2 weeks. It's possible but it's an uphill battle from here.

Want to give me the winning lottery numbers as well?

In all seriousness I see what you're saying but in all honesty this is a spread that can be overcome in 2 weeks. It's possible but it's an uphill battle from here.

DCI is not a lottery. All the people who will judge finals have already seen Crown vs. BD, likely several times. You might get them to change their mind from "similar but BD is a little better" to "similar but Crown is a little better" (an 0.1 or 0.2 spread). They probably won't change their mind to "BD is not competitive with Crown in this caption".

If you think Crown can make up the spread, in which captions do you think they can do so?

DCI is not a lottery. All the people who will judge finals have already seen Crown vs. BD, likely several times. You might get them to change their mind from "similar but BD is a little better" to "similar but Crown is a little better" (an 0.1 or 0.2 spread). They probably won't change their mind to "BD is not competitive with Crown in this caption".

If you think Crown can make up the spread, in which captions do you think they can do so?

Percussion, and Visual (specifically performance and ensemble). More than enough room for improvement. In all technicality Blue Devils should be close to peaked (even though their scores won't display that) and Crown has much more in the tank due to growing room.

sorry all, I tried to clean out the 'crap' and salvage the thread but it wasn't worth it in the end.

closing, try again if you like....some good stuff - the rest, not so much.