Its Over!

This is something I've pretty much known for a while, but yesterday just finalized it in my mind. There will be no "run to the top" by any other corps this year. BD will not faulter in any area, and they will go on to collect another championship.

That said , we can all now just focus on being entertained as surely, the competetive aspect of the activity has been formally decided.

Now, before the flames start, my only dislike of BDs show is the narration. Musically and visually I don't have that much of a problem with it and they do perform it very well. I'm not sure their performance level is "that much" better than all the other corps, but aparently the judges do feel that way.

Crown, thanks for stepping up, you gave it a good shot, its just not gonna happen. Cadets & Regiment, thanks for providing some interest in not really knowing who is going to place where (3rd-4th).

SCV, thanks just for coming back home, keep it up.

Everyone else, I appreciate the talent you all possess, thank you for doing your best.

RM

Edited by Rocketman
  • Like 4

That is why you will never see the activity televised again. The outcome is to predictable and now for 2 weeks we know who the top 12 are and who the champion is. I think I call it boring!!!!

I don't completely disgaree. I agree the activity is no longer viable as a televised product from a competitive aspect. So, yes, from tat perspective it can be "boring" but that should not take away from our enjoyment of the shows. In a way, I see DCI getting out of the competition side and going toward a more "Blast" type non-competitive format. Certainly wouldn't surprise me.

RM

That is why you will never see the activity televised again. The outcome is to predictable and now for 2 weeks we know who the top 12 are and who the champion is. I think I call it boring!!!!

by this time in the game why wouldnt people know who the 12 are...This has nothing to do with anything other than corps settled in to where they could be..there will be a liitle shift here and there....yeah lets go BITD where you got a 90 one night and dropped 8 points the next night.

What does all this have to do with TV also...what does a tv station care about whos in or not and people in the activity watch or not...the loss of tv has not a thing to do with placements

Phantom was down 1.15 to BD in Atlanta 2008 (same spread as last night between Crown and BD) so I don't see why it couldn't happen again this year. I'm not calling it over unless I see the spread increase over the next competitions.

Edited by Corpsgasm
  • Like 1

There are interesting relationships for available spots through the whole top level... BD and Crown...Blue Knights came out in Atlanta very impressive, Crossmen and Blue Stars...SCV and Bluecoats....Cadets and Phantom...Cavaliers and BAC...good stuff!

Not that boring at all.

Donny

• Like 2

It's not over.

And if if "it" was, it isn't all about "it" anyway - these kids still have an amazing 11 days ahead of them, and we get to go along for the ride! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Funny. I would have said the same thing in 08, and I think I did to myself at some point. There's too much variability to definitively state that the race has been run, because you never know who may trip and who may put on that extra burst of speed at the end to edge out a win. Does it look likely that'll happen? No. It's logically doubtful it will. But the logical conclusion isn't always necessarily congruent with the outcome in reality. Right now, I'd say depending on how things go, any of the top 4 could realistically take it depending on changes they make, peaking that may occur, cleaning that takes place and when, etc. Plus the lower positions are VERY interesting right now. So no need to call it boring or over, because it isn't until August 11th.

/rant

• Like 1

Phantom was down 1.15 to BD in Atlanta 2008 (same spread as last night between Crown and BD) so I don't see why it couldn't happen again this year. I'm not calling it over unless I see the spread increase over the next competitions.

If the spread gets any bigger tonight in Charlotte...yes, the race to #1 is indeed over...as is the raise to #2, BUT there's still some things to be decided in the positions beyond that.

Maybe being the home team tonight will help CC. If not...

If the spread gets any bigger tonight in Charlotte...yes, the race to #1 is indeed over...as is the raise to #2, BUT there's still some things to be decided in the positions beyond that.

Maybe being the home team tonight will help CC. If not...

I don't think it'll get any bigger. Smaller if anything, and maybe a good bit so. A mixture of home crowd + sweet performance slot will help them, and it could be the morale boost the members need to pull off major cleaning before Indy

Edited by SCTuba
  • Like 2