Its Over!

Disagree. Crown has a lot to clean. BD does not. Crown will win brass. Crown may very well win music IF and only IF they can get the percussion cleaned up. In the end, whoever wins effect between the two will win. Crown may have some tricks up their sleeve we don't know about. When has BD changed a show in the last however many years at Finals/Semis? I'm not counting it over until the final scores are announced.

Funny that Crown can clean up drums enough to win, yet the lowly BD hornline has no chance to pick up a few tenths either? Drums wont help much because its an averaged caption, so unless BD starts to drop to 3rd or 4th in GE, its going to be tough. What Crown and their die hard fans have to realize is that having the best hornline in DCI does NOT make you the champion.

Its a simple equation: 3 music captions all averaged, 3 visual all averaged, 2 GE, not averaged. It's Basic math.. Winning individual awards doesn't really matter in the end. Ask the Bridgemen about that one...

Besides, dealing in absolutes is for the Sith! :tongue:

For the sake of accuracy, Cavies 2006 only lost 3 times and all three were before the first regional. They never lost again that season after the Mankato, MN show on July 11th. That's hardly a "come from behind".

Oh yes.. my bad. I just remembered that Blue Devils beat Cavaliers at the Indianapolis show in 2006, but I forgot that it was actually an early season show that year, and not the second to last regional like it usually was.

Funny that Crown can clean up drums enough to win, yet the lowly BD hornline has no chance to pick up a few tenths either? Drums wont help much because its an averaged caption, so unless BD starts to drop to 3rd or 4th in GE, its going to be tough. What Crown and their die hard fans have to realize is that having the best hornline in DCI does NOT make you the champion.

Its a simple equation: 3 music captions all averaged, 3 visual all averaged, 2 GE, not averaged. It's Basic math.. Winning individual awards doesn't really matter in the end. Ask the Bridgemen about that one...

Besides, dealing in absolutes is for the Sith! :tongue:

Check the scores from last night.

Last year at East Coast Classic, I saw Blue Devils perform and they won the show, even though it was somewhat flawed and their "House that was a home" that night and looked more like a "House Divided" (a structural issue) but it was easy to see why BD won if you knew what to look for in a show. When Cadets performed "Angels and Demons" I recall thinking it was a better show, but it would not be fine tuned enough in time for Indy with the hectic schedule ahead. A week later I watched "Big, Live, and Loud." The carpenters did their job with the house and BD's show was nearly flawless, or so it appeared. Cadets were a different corps. My guess is that Blue Devils will storm their way into Allentown, East Rutherford, and Indy, and they won't be giving anything away. They never do, but that does not mean that Crown cannot win. Many people believe that Crown has the better show, and after seeing it earlier this month, I would agree it's a great show, but it needs some work and time is running short. Still, it can happen. Cadets and Phantom could surprise everyone too.

In the end, I'm not changing my vacation plans because this year is a done deal.

Oh look, Crown is only .2 behind BD now. It really is GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER.

:rock: