Was there a lot of criticism of The Cavaliers in the early 00s?

Don't quote RAMD as a valid sample of opinion however. That site was inhabited by The Fellowship of the Miserable that you would not believe. Some of them had jumped the shark regarding their version of Drum Corps well before the Cavaliers of the early 2000's. Most of them there didn't go to Drum Corps shows. They lived in nursing homes, prisons, and housing shelters, and were typing on borrowed computers using flashlights late at nite.

and many of them post here.....and aren't quite nearly as miserable as you claim

I really don't understand all the BD honks (sorry, but that's the best way to describe them) who think that the reason that we fans dislike (or strongly dislike in some cases) BD's show is because they are winning a lot.

Even if they were down in 8th place, I would still say, "Man, I really hate the narration in BD's show..." It's the CONTENT of the show that we dislike.

I just don't understand what the heck the judges are seeing in this show, especially as far as GE is concerned.

I feel like there is definitely a disconnect between what the audience in general likes and what the judges THINK the audience in general likes. I can only speak for myself, of course, but I see an awful lot of people just on these forums alone who feel the same way that I do, and this is only a tiny fraction of the DCI audience, as I'm sure will be pointed out.

Anyway, I like waffles. I'm tired and am going to bed.

:worthy: