Fan network Semifinals live?

I know a lot of you had feed issues on Saturday but I thought I would chime in to say that the streaming was incredible on my end!

• Like 1

I know a lot of you had feed issues on Saturday but I thought I would chime in to say that the streaming was incredible on my end!

Same here - I had very little trouble as usual. Thanks again for what you do for us fans DrumCat! :worthy:

• Like 1

I can't imagine cancelling semis, glad to see nothing to it

finals would be great. my feeling is patience

FINALS LIVE DO IT

I know this came up a few weeks back ... and I agree ... it's going to be tough for me to make it to Indy every year moving forward with aging parents, work, etc.

Maybe a perk for "Friends of DCI?"

I would be more than happy the shell out top dollar to watch finals at home.

Quarterfinals - top 17 live in theaters (after fan network 20 something through 18?)

Semi-Finals - multi camera stream on Fan Network

Finals - live score announcement on dci.org

Am I missing anything?

I have never seen a reasonable explanation why finals are not streamed on Fan Network? Is it because they home to sell more DVD's? I am not being dumb here, just wondering out loud.

Thanks for anybody that answers with facts (or opinion.... since everybody has one!)

I would tend to agree. I hooked up the laptop to the flat screen & stereo and streamed almost the entire show for the guests at my house (including my mom who hasn't been to a show in years!). I honestly can't say that we encountered much of anything the entire 6+ hours that we watched live. And we were... gasp... doing it all wireless! I had the 50' CAT5 cable ready just in case, but never ran into an issue where I felt that I needed it.

Quarterfinals - top 17 live in theaters (after fan network 20 something through 18?)

Semi-Finals - multi camera stream on Fan Network

Finals - live score announcement on dci.org

Am I missing anything?

I have never seen a reasonable explanation why finals are not streamed on Fan Network? Is it because they home to sell more DVD's? I am not being dumb here, just wondering out loud.

Thanks for anybody that answers with facts (or opinion.... since everybody has one!)

I think it's top 15 in the theatre... 90% sure. Just to be clear about it, here's a little more about our plan:

Thursday's show starts at the beginning. It's a 50 yd line camera, on a platform. We'll do a hi and main for that one. It shuts off right at intermission, so you can get to the cinema. That show is free, btw.

Friday, it's a multi-cam show, field mics, fully produced. We'll throw the kitchen sink at it. It'll be like Atlanta, but we'll add some more choices in case of Olympics overload again.

Saturday, it's scores. Free to all.

As for why? Well, just to clarify... it has been determined that DCI doesn't want to broadcast that for a number of reasons. I won't go into those reasons, defend them or attack them. They just are what they are. You can probably figure out the line of thinking. The only thing I can tell you with absolute certainty is that every season, the option to broadcast Finals online is discussed actively. I'm sure one day it will be done, but it won't be this year.

• Like 1