World Open Championship

I'm unable to edit the above post with the following. Open the old photo's topic and pull up page 2055. Then follow the above post. Sorry.

I'll try a link as below. To be honest computer changes are starting to annoy me, a tool meant to ehance and not hinder our life style. When I retire, I may go offline and stop to smell roses.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/62667-some-old-corps-photos/?p=3232804

• Like 1

In 1977 their were 6 member's of the Manning family marching in Manning Bowl during the World Open.

Thanks for all the help. I am going through NanciD's website and finding lots of interesting and unusual sidebar material as well. It may be a few weeks before I can sift through it all. I was at the World Open in 1969 and 1973 and both were very memorable experiences. Has anyone written an article on the beginnings of the World Open and its history? Outside of DCN of course. Thanks again.

Another good source of information is Steve Vickers' "A History of Drum Corps". Check the Drum Corps World site for further information.

In 1977 their were 6 member's of the Manning family marching in Manning Bowl during the World Open.

[/

Edited by Tim K

I'd like to cast my vote for the 1971 WO as the best show I ever saw. 12 really good corps, and all of them gave top performances. Best ever. On the other hand, in the 1970 WO Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights gave the best performance, one of the three best I've ever seen, anywhere, by anyone.

• Like 1

Fran Haring is right. Corps that placed 13 through 20 would have made for a hell of a good show all by themselves.