Does DCI Perpetuate a Bias?

:worthy: You gave this guy way more than he deserved, Boo. :inlove:

Every earnest fan deserves consideration, whether they appreciate what I try to do or not. I learn something from those who are critical as well as those who offer encouragement. The passion of this person shines through their commentary and that's something to be encouraged, whether they come through with the sno-cone or not. (I'm also fond of stuff one finds at the Allentown WaWa mini marts that can't be found elsewhere. People who live near a WaWa are truly the chosen ones.)

In other news, I flew down to Tampa Bay the day after the DCI Southeastern Championship to be with a drum corps friend who turned 90 that day. It reminded me of how much I cherish those whom I've met and gotten to know over the years and being able to share the day with him and his wife was more important than anything I've done for DCI. Drum corps is first and foremost about the people. If we lose sight of that, we lose sight of everything.

And In the Stands is one of those people I hope to meet some day. I don't think he (or she) dislikes what I do; he just hasn't discovered yet the ways that he likes what I do. Give him time...I plan on still being around awhile. How the heck does one retire from something they love that defines them as a human?

• Like 2

Oh for heaven's sake . . . I have been reading the DCP forums for years and just today became a member so voice the only opinion about DCI that I felt worth airing. (Actually, spent about 1 minute thinking of "In the Stands"!) In the last few minutes, my opinion has been called sour grapes (in so many words), a petty and silly complaint, and now accused of being Michael Boo as a ghostwriter! Amazing!! I have quickly figured out that it's not looked upon kindly to go against the status quo.

I encourage you to maintain your commitment for what you believe to be true. However, if I'm the status quo, we need a transfusion of status!

Oh for heaven's sake . . . I have been reading the DCP forums for years and just today became a member so voice the only opinion about DCI that I felt worth airing. (Actually, spent about 1 minute thinking of "In the Stands"!) In the last few minutes, my opinion has been called sour grapes (in so many words), a petty and silly complaint, and now accused of being Michael Boo as a ghostwriter! Amazing!! I have quickly figured out that it's not looked upon kindly to go against the status quo.

• Like 1

My only wish is that Boo would go "DeLucia" on something he thinks is not right. Like a score or a caption or a crazy guard outfit. Otherwise, I believe this man does a fine job and should bring on another set of eyes to help him have a blogservation. I volunteer of course and require credentials and a plane ticket to Indianapolis

• Like 1

I encourage you to maintain your commitment for what you believe to be true. However, if I'm the status quo, we need a transfusion of status!

ahhh get tough or you'll get BOOOOOOED......oh wait you're Michael BOO...wrong thread,,to much BOOING tonight,,,lol :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING

You win DCP today.

Mike Boo has been a voice for the activity for a very long time, and I always love reading what he has to write. DO I really have to consider him an expert in all fields of the drum corps experience/activity? No. I enjoy him all the same though.

So true...I know nothing about bus maintenance and when I marched, Aerobeds and SPF 50 had not yet been invented. When I marched, the meaning of life was still a prime number.

• Like 1

Why does DCI have anyone at all write a blog on its site?

Because they chose too. He has about as much influence on the scores and placements as you do here on DCP, so whats the beef ?... that he said something about your favorite Corps that you didn't particularly care for so now you want him banned ? If so, thats just so lame.

Edited by BRASSO

Sorry but I won't be in Allentown to bring you a snowcone! And guess what? I'll probably be reading your minute by minute blog of the event even though I maintain that your commentary carries more weight with the fans that it should.

My main question is why DCI has anyone blog? The other question was not meant as a personal attack, but is valid. If DCI insists on a blog, then why not have someone blogging about music and a different person blogging about visual.

When I speak of the status quo, I guess I'm frustrated that DCP ends up more like talk radio with people more concerned about upholding their position than having a civilized discussion. Guess that's part of politics -- government or DCI!

Sorry but I won't be in Allentown to bring you a snowcone! And guess what? I'll probably be reading your minute by minute blog of the event even though I maintain that your commentary carries more weight with the fans that it should.

My main question is why DCI has anyone blog? The other question was not meant as a personal attack, but is valid. If DCI insists on a blog, then why not have someone blogging about music and a different person blogging about visual.

When I speak of the status quo, I guess I'm frustrated that DCP ends up more like talk radio with people more concerned about upholding their position than having a civilized discussion. Guess that's part of politics -- government or DCI!

:huh: