The door's open

picky picky! Can always count on the DCP crowd ! :w00t:

Edited OP (about halfway). :satisfied:

There are also no DCI corps in ME, VT, NH, CT, RI, FL, VA, MD, DE, AL, MI, LA, AR, AK, HI, TN, KY, WV, IN, MI, MO, OK, KS, NE, NV, ND, SD, NM, UT, MT, ID or NY (but there used to be).

There are no DCI corps from North Carolina.

Oregon has a fantastic show there is no doubt about it. Never count out BDB, and I know SCVC is bringing it on. This is going to be epic. I have to cheer on SCVC because my daughter is on the horn line, and the tubas like to sing call me maybe.

• Like 1

Yeah Joe...watch Denver. I usually dont care for them, but they do some things visually that push the envelope, and the horns and drums are really staring to play!

Blue Stars are getting some sound upstairs now as well. Really great battles in that area of competition. I am certainly not saying that Spirit is not awesome...corps around them have more opportunity for growth IMHO.

DA

You heard it here first:

Glassmen have an open door to #12, and the time to make it so (BIG bump for finding 10 members late and getting them up to speed)

Cavaliers (finally :) have the chops to chase Bloo and SCV (bump for finding that "thing" in this particular show - oh ye of little faith!)

Oregon Crusaders will show the Friday crowd that they had a good reason to get there early :) (super BUMP for one of the coolest musical scores in a looooong time)

...and if, somehow, some way the first 128 counts for the team from the Carolina region can look/sound as phenom as the last 128, the big hardware might have to be loaded on a FedEx truck for the trip East. (BUMP if they can pull it off, kind of like Buster Douglas v Mike Tyson...and Tyson is still a bad mammajamma)

shuffle, shuffle....this is starting to be fun.

"wild horses" couldn't drag me away.

Not sure I really agree with most of this. Crossmen have been knocking hard on that finals spot behind BS, if anyone. Cavaliers have gotten tremendously better since the first cinecast in terms of communication and cleanliness. But at the moment and judging by current momentum, Bloo has been knocking on SCV's door more and more as the shows progress. SCV has been shooting to bump out that fourth place spot, so while I wouldn't say the entire top 5 are "in the hunt," I could see this ending any which way with them. As for Oregon, I wish they would move to world class since they have the talent and membership to be competitive in it.

• Like 1

Ok, Ok! I'll fire up FN again tonight! It isnt like you guys dont know what you are talking about :)

I can make my "upside" argument with a smile.

I spent 2 days with Cavaliers in FL and might have brought a little too much "fan" to the table with that one.

BK? I'll watch them again on your say so (having done many things on your say-so over the years :)

If Spirit is 12th, then DCI rocks.

Fun season so far.

Why would DCI Rock if Spirit is in 12th compared 9th, 10th, or 11th?

As I'm reading it...BK and Blue Stars, etc are getting some love. If Spirit's show is what it takes to make finals, then the bar is waaaaaaaaaay high. Compliment to Spirit. And DCI. No disrespect. :) (Sensitive bunch here; hard to get out of your own way on DCP....). Thanks for picking it apart. If you like one, you must hate all others. Or something. Trophies for all.

Why would DCI Rock if Spirit is in 12th compared 9th, 10th, or 11th?

• Like 2

Wade has me at 0 for 4? Yikes :)

If nothing else....make sure to see OC. That's the one guarantee in the bunch (and the Top 25 make it to Friday so that appears to be a shoo in :)... :) Go OC!

Sorry, I was referring to the Glassmen moving into 12th.

Oregon has a fantastic show there is no doubt about it. Never count out BDB, and I know SCVC is bringing it on. This is going to be epic. I have to cheer on SCVC because my daughter is on the horn line, and the tubas like to sing call me maybe.

have to agree here. But, OC SCVC and then BDB seems to be the direction. I know neither BDB or SCVC was happy the other day with their performances, but I wonder if BDB can get clean in time. SCVC will be very clean, they always are. And OC has been coming on strong for a few years...

And if that happens (and I will be taking a clooooose look at the FN for that set of "can it happen?" ingredients)...that might (might, may, could, possibly) leave that phenom Spirit show in 12th. Can you imagine that's what it takes to make Finals anymore? Amazing.

Still holding out on Glassmen for a late run. Didnt see them bumping Spirit. Who knows? A fun week or so left. (and RockyGranite is a BK homer...good for him!)

I see BK passing Spirit today or in the next show. Then they will battle each other to the end, while putting pressure on either Cavies or Scouts...which ever one ends up having the most trouble.

Edited by wishbonecav