The door's open

GREENBLUE and I are drinking the same Kool Aid!

From alone on the Illinois island to finding a kindred spirit!

He can be Tom Hanks to my Wilson.

Splooie (and all that)!

Cavies: You have my vote for most improved. This show is sooooo entertaining and the guys know how to perform the hell out of it. Im not sure why the guard is getting criticized so much, the drill has them all over the field and the book seems to be just as hard as everyone infront of them. As a whole, the drill looks a thousand times better then earlier in the season and the musical/visual transitions make sense now. No matter where the men in green place, I have a feeling they're gonna be a crowd favorite in Indy. I cant't wait to see this show live. It may not be your traditional drum corps show, but #### did it make me smile. Including today, Cavies have 5 practice days before Indy, alot can still be added and cleaned. Are they gonna medal, no. Could they surprise someone infront of them, absolutely.

IMOH even with additions Cavaliers still have an inferior show when compared to BAC. The ending gets crowd reaction but to me it has no relation to the show theme and smells a bit like desperation. Not sure why Blue Stars are scoring so load. They would get my vote for one of the most improved corps from the start of the season. Agree that Glassmen could be the dark horse. Love Crossmen but brass souned pretty ragged in their last APD

• Like 1

IMOH even with additions Cavaliers still have an inferior show when compared to BAC. The ending gets crowd reaction but to me it has no relation to the show theme and smells a bit like desperation. Not sure why Blue Stars are scoring so load. They would get my vote for one of the most improved corps from the start of the season. Agree that Glassmen could be the dark horse. Love Crossmen but brass souned pretty ragged in their last APD

Really? Since when is different defined as an inferior product? It may not be your cookie cutter drum corps show, but i'll guarantee you that this show is every bit as demanding as Bostons. The members are in character from the moment they step on that field and are asked to carry that through the entire 15 minutes. They are just not marching dot to dot, they are truly performing. While I very much enjoy BAC this year and think they're doing an amazing job, I do think theirs is a show that I have seen many times over the years. Same with Phantom, again, amazing product/performance. But I feel like we've seen this show 3 out last 5 years from them. My favorites this year BK/BD/Cavies are my favorites because I havent seen this before. Because they are different then the rest.

FYI...The "act of desperation" at the end of the Cavies show was in the original design. It was however, deliberate to save it for the end of the season. If you think the Cavies are desperate then what about?:

SCV: using music of the night at the end of the show

Madison: bringing back the rotating company front/malaguena

etc...etc...

Call it what you want but I consider these very smart moves by each corps to give the audience what they want. Come Finals Ill almost guarantee, just like last year, Madison/Cavies and Phantom will have 3 of the biggest crowd ovations.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 3

Dont get mad, even if its hard! Anyone who saw this in June knew that it would take until August for this vehicle to work, if it was even going to work at all. Remember when it was soooo mechanical and how the members had so much to do individually that the show was having trouble coming to life? And how the "buy in" was happening in this section or segment, but not quite at the pitch to create that "thing"? This was no joke...even in its attempt. And the non-formula (OMG, the ballad?) courageousness that it took to declare THIS score as "Cavaliers- 2012"? wow.

It might not get there......but, then again, it darn well might....and that was a big part of my OP :) Lots o' room for this show to grow....Oh ye of little faith...beware the Cavaliers.

Tipped glass of Kool Aid on ice from me to you.

Really? Since when is different defined as an inferior product? It may not be your cookie cutter drum corps show, but i'll guarantee you that this show is every bit as demanding as Bostons. The members are in character from the moment they step on that field and are asked to carry that through the entire 15 minutes. They are just not marching dot to dot, they are truly performing. While I very much enjoy BAC this year and think they're doing an amazing job, I do think theirs is a show that I have seen many times over the years. Same with Phantom, again, amazing product/performance. But I feel like we've seen this show 3 out last 5 years from them. My favorites this year BK/BD/Cavies are my favorites because I havent seen this before. Because they are different then the rest.

FYI...The "act of desperation" at the end of the Cavies show was in the original design. It was however, deliberate to save it for the end of the season. If you think the Cavies are desperate then what about?:

SCV: using music of the night at the end of the show

Madison: bringing back the rotating company front/malaguena

etc...etc...

Call it what you want but I consider these very smart moves by each corps to give the audience what they want. Come Finals Ill almost guarantee, just like last year, Madison/Cavies and Phantom will have 3 of the biggest crowd ovations.

Edited by wishbonecav

IMOH even with additions Cavaliers still have an inferior show when compared to BAC. The ending gets crowd reaction but to me it has no relation to the show theme and smells a bit like desperation.

I have a lot of respect for the Cavs organization... 'really do. Both the Cavs and Boston put in big changes in their closer last week. Boston put in music and visual changes in their closer that were demanding and quite effective as their closer, imo. Cavs put in an ending that has the Corps put down their instruments, go to the center of the field and then do a collective dance routine to end the show. If DCI judging is going to reward in GE Music and the GE Visual captions dance routines and the non playing of the instruments in the closer vs. the playing of the drums and the brass in a closer, than we indeed are moving in a new direction where dance takes way more preference in the GE captions over Brass and Percussion. And I mean no disrespect to the Cavs, who I think have great fans, alums, and an organization. But I just had to put that out there, as I too agree with this poster Brigadier80's observations. They mirror mine on this.

Edited by BRASSO

Hmmm, let's see....

NO

NO WAY

YES

NOPE

More likely scenarios.....

Blue Stars finish out of top 12

Blue Knights catches Spirit

Either SCV or Phantom finish 3rd

4 Open Class corps make top 25 (Oregon, BDB, SCVC, Spartans)

You heard it here first:

Glassmen have an open door to #12, and the time to make it so (BIG bump for finding 10 members late and getting them up to speed)

Cavaliers (finally :) have the chops to chase Bloo and SCV (bump for finding that "thing" in this particular show - oh ye of little faith!)

Oregon Crusaders will show the Friday crowd that they had a good reason to get there early :) (super BUMP for one of the coolest musical scores in a looooong time)

...and if, somehow, some way the first 128 counts for the team from the Carolina region can look/sound as phenom as the last 128, the big hardware might have to be loaded on a FedEx truck for the trip East. (BUMP if they can pull it off, kind of like Buster Douglas v Mike Tyson...and Tyson is still a bad mammajamma)

shuffle, shuffle....this is starting to be fun.

"wild horses" couldn't drag me away.

• Like 1

A bold reply :)

SCV THIRD? Way to put it out there.

And if it aint Glassmen, then you have Crossmen in the night show with BD top cheese?

See you here again a week from Friday/Saturday and we'll compare notes.

Hmmm, let's see....

NO

NO WAY

YES

NOPE

More likely scenarios.....

Blue Stars finish out of top 12

Blue Knights catches Spirit

Either SCV or Phantom finish 3rd

4 Open Class corps make top 25 (Oregon, BDB, SCVC, Spartans)

I think it's a great time to speculate on Finals - Before Allentown & the last TOC show this coming weekend (I'm flying from Dallas to go to both, can't wait!).

Here's how I see things right now

• BD & Crown will tighten considerably in Indy. While I want to see Crown take it because I believe their visual program is more of a DCI program than a WGI program, it's too close to call. Maybe a slight edge to BD (6:5 in horse racing odds...) - as they have that proven track record to execute, execute, execute.
  • I think Regiment easily pulls back in front of Cadets for 3rd. I also think they are the best dark horse to move up. Maybe a 25% chance of 2nd, and a 10% chance of a 2008 repeat. (by this time in 2008, by contrast I had already predicted Regiment would win on Saturday night based on that emotion-packed show). Oddly, if they sneak into 2nd, I think it's far more likely that they nip BD than nip Crown. Not sure why, just a gut instinct call there - and there is history there 3 times in the last 7 years (2005, 2006, and 2008). Sadly, if they had 2008's drumline, then wow, it's a real 3-way toss up, but they don't.
  • Cadets are fairly safe in 4th unless SCV further over-hauls the Music of the Night moment (expands & makes it more dramatic) at the end of their show.
  • Interesting to see Bluecoats closing on SCV. Here's what's strange: while I don't think Bluecoats can catch Cadets, and I do think SCV *might* (maybe a 1/3 chance) - I think the wildcard is how much SCV cleans up. I could very well see Bluecoats catch SCV or be in a virtual dead heat with them in Indy by Saturday night. I'd say 60% SCV, 40% Bluecoats.
  • No one is challenging the top 6. Period.
  • Cavaliers likely hold off Boston for 7th. Boston just lacks something from a visual integration and GE perspective. Only the incredible middle slow movement really pours emotion into Crusaders show.
  • I don't see Scouts finishing above 9th. I think they have more to worry about from below than above. Too disjointed, and too weak in guard and percussion.
  • I think there is a real horse race emerging with Blue Knights & Spirt. I think Blue Knights have a very fresh and exciting design, with more dirt left to clean. Their demand is major - both visually and musically, and I would say they have about a 2/3s chance (67%) of passing Spirit - and I do love Spirit's show. I also don't think Madison is completely safe from BK.
  • 12th is the other real intrigue to me - My heart is pulling for Crossmen. Given that Blue Stars have been there for the last 4 years, that experience might win out. Regardless, I like both shows. Crossmen are perhaps my 2nd favorite show of the year, though, behind Regiment. I think there will be a lot of sentiment and emotion behind Crossmen. I think this is a 50/50 toss up. If I had to place a bet, I'd bet Crossmen.
  • Beyond the battle for 12th, I see no one else challenging Crossmen/Blue Stars for those 12th/13th spots. I do think Oregon Crusaders win Open Class, and are a real threat to challenge Troopers and Pacific Crest for 17th.

Just my opinions,

Harvey

• Like 5

Harvey I agree with everything you just said! The real wildcards coming down the pipe are:

Crown- can the perc get it together in time... Can they get the drill clean enough? I say yes

SCV- They have such a demanding show... If they get a little cleaner we could see a big move!

Cavies- gotten better but can they hold off Boston?

Madison- they seem like they've peaked or stagnated... Thought they played poorly in Atl... Could be 9, outside possibility of 10.

BK- very well the biggest question... They're being given scores now in content and it's up to them to fulfill their own destiny! The ball is in their court! I think passing Spirit is a likely possibility and Madison had better watch their six!! Angry Birds on the Move!!!

WP