The door's open

Harvey I agree with everything you just said! The real wildcards coming down the pipe are:

Crown- can the perc get it together in time... Can they get the drill clean enough? I say yes

SCV- They have such a demanding show... If they get a little cleaner we could see a big move!

Cavies- gotten better but can they hold off Boston?

Madison- they seem like they've peaked or stagnated... Thought they played poorly in Atl... Could be 9, outside possibility of 10.

BK- very well the biggest question... They're being given scores now in content and it's up to them to fulfill their own destiny! The ball is in their court! I think passing Spirit is a likely possibility and Madison had better watch their six!! Angry Birds on the Move!!!

WP

That makes three of us.

Crown just might do it!!! They were much cleaner in Atlanta. And I've already sold my soul to the devil (the red one) for this to happen - LOL!!!

I think Cadets will end up holding off Phantom. Cadets have much more room to clean (which they tend to do big time in the last week or two) and this should reflect in execution and GE scores. They could also win drums (they've done it twice this year already). Phantom already seems to be super clean and kicking out some great GE, but both areas have less room to grow than Cadets, IMHO.

Bluecoats and SCV will battle it out to the end - either could end up over the other. But my bet would be SCV as Bluecoats don't typically improve as much as SCV at the end of the season.

I hope Boston can end the year above Cavies. Heck their guard alone should make the difference. People say Cavies guard has improved dramatically, but their flags were still almost never together in Atlanta. Even when they are in small groups of 8 (two lines of 4, five yards apart from one another) you see flags late, early and several times someone is totally lost and sticks out as doing something different from the rest). Guard scores in general seem to give too much weight to the portion of the guard up front doing the saber and rifle work while somewhat ignoring the other half of the guard doing flag work in the back (even BD is somewhat guilty of this - just check out the bright yellow flags at the end of the show).

I noticed a huge improvement in execution and, more importantly, understanding/selling the show by BK in San Antonio versus Minneapolis, and again in Atlanta versus San Antonio. If they keep going at that pace, watch out Spirit and Madison.

The devil (the red one) gave me one other wish for the price of my soul. For this, I asked that Crossmen sneak into the twelfth spot. But I think this is the longest of long shots in my list and I expect them to end in 13th with a good step up from last year and clear indication that they will be an even bigger threat in 2013.

• Like 3

Harvey I agree with everything you just said! The real wildcards coming down the pipe are:

Crown- can the perc get it together in time... Can they get the drill clean enough? I say yes

SCV- They have such a demanding show... If they get a little cleaner we could see a big move!

Cavies- gotten better but can they hold off Boston?

Madison- they seem like they've peaked or stagnated... Thought they played poorly in Atl... Could be 9, outside possibility of 10.

BK- very well the biggest question... They're being given scores now in content and it's up to them to fulfill their own destiny! The ball is in their court! I think passing Spirit is a likely possibility and Madison had better watch their six!! Angry Birds on the Move!!!

WP

I hope madison hasn't peaked! I bet this staff has something up their sleeve (fingers crossed!)

Angry Birds on the Move! I love it, Wesley. Thanks for making me laugh today. Maybe the Quote of the season.

Will the Glassmen get the bump tonight v. Blue Stars?

Guess we'll see if the door is cracked open or WIDE open.

Ye famed GE Visual and Percussion have their mitts on the door handle.

Fun times.

I see BK passing Spirit today or in the next show. Then they will battle each other to the end, while putting pressure on either Cavies or Scouts...which ever one ends up having the most trouble.

....or Boston.

Cavies have their eyes set on Bluecoats most likely....

What I like best about this year's jockeying for position is that I truly love all of the shows involved. A great year so far and surely to be an awesome finish!

Glassmen tied Blue Stars early on in the season (anyone still remember that?) and had made finals for 6 consecutive seasons before last year, not to mention they have the best hornline the corps has EVER presented.

Sorry, but this isn't the BEST hornline that the Glassmen have ever presented. Glassmen 1997-2002 were all MUCH better.

Maybe this is the best Glassmen hornline since 2004, which is my least favorite grouping of Glassmen shows EVER.

I know the organization is stellar, and I wish them well. I just don't agree with your statement. smile.gif

Edited by jjeffeory

picky picky! Can always count on the DCP crowd ! :w00t:

Edited OP (about halfway). :satisfied:

There are also no DCI corps in ME, VT, NH, CT, RI, FL, VA, MD, DE, AL, MI, LA, AR, AK, HI, TN, KY, WV, IN, MI, MO, OK, KS, NE, NV, ND, SD, NM, UT, MT, ID or NY (but there used to be).

Just saw someone beat me to the CT and NH corps, and forgot about Music City. Carry on :-)

Edited by Spartans87

IMOH even with additions Cavaliers still have an inferior show when compared to BAC. The ending gets crowd reaction but to me it has no relation to the show theme and smells a bit like desperation. Not sure why Blue Stars are scoring so load. They would get my vote for one of the most improved corps from the start of the season. Agree that Glassmen could be the dark horse. Love Crossmen but brass souned pretty ragged in their last APD

Wow, the Cavalier's ending has a LOT to do with the rest of the show! Have you even paid attention to the theme or what the guard has been doing through out the whole show? The ending ties it together...

I'm sorry, but BAC's show is fine, but IMHO it doesn't compare to other versions of any of the pieces they're playing. That's been my pet peeve with Boston since 2009 and I had hoped that this would change for this year, but it hasn't.

• Like 1