The door's open

You heard it here first:

Glassmen have an open door to #12, and the time to make it so (BIG bump for finding 10 members late and getting them up to speed)

Cavaliers (finally :) have the chops to chase Bloo and SCV (bump for finding that "thing" in this particular show - oh ye of little faith!)

Oregon Crusaders will show the Friday crowd that they had a good reason to get there early :) (super BUMP for one of the coolest musical scores in a looooong time)

...and if, somehow, some way the first 128 counts for the team from the Carolina region can look/sound as phenom as the last 128, the big hardware might have to be loaded on a FedEx truck for the trip East. (BUMP if they can pull it off, kind of like Buster Douglas v Mike Tyson...and Tyson is still a bad mammajamma)

shuffle, shuffle....this is starting to be fun.

"wild horses" couldn't drag me away.

• Like 1

I don't expect the top 12 to change from where it is now. Although, I'm looking forward to new challengers, wishing them well. There may be a little change in the top 12 placement - great battles going on 1-2, and 3-6, 7-9, and certainly 12-14 or so, but those that are top 12 are solidly finalists this year. Regarding Cavies chasing Bloo and SCV? Not going to happen. Both Bluecoats and SCV shows are superior this year. That's not taking anything away from the Cavs - I happen to enjoy their show. However, there's a good reason why they have placed behind Bloo and SCV this year. As always, hat's off to all performers - they work their tails off for us fans! Kudos!!!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

Scouts have peaked???? Are you crazy???? They didn't have a great show in Atlanta, but every corps has an occasional slip...and they have had very few slips this year. just wait. They have been in 7th place in the overall rankings all season. And that is where they SHOULD wind up. They are the most entertaining, that is for sure.

• Like 1

I hope so... But I saw better stuff in SA than Atl... They're not any cleaner, that should at the least be concerning

So from 48 states represented, some with 25 corps each (plus Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and BC) to picking apart the Open Class list to "prove me wrong" because i missed Blue Saints and 7th Regiment. Awesome.

The point of the post has no validity if you can scrape a minute correction out of it. And Spartans 87 was so disappointed that he wasnt first to the bag.

Thanks for letting me know about that egregious oversight and then commenting on the point in general to add to the conversation.

Oh wait..... :)

Just saw someone beat me to the CT and NH corps, and forgot about Music City. Carry on :-)

Edited by wishbonecav

Sorry, but this isn't the BEST hornline that the Glassmen have ever presented. Glassmen 1997-2002 were all MUCH better.

Maybe this is the best Glassmen hornline since 2004, which is my least favorite grouping of Glassmen shows EVER.

I know the organization is stellar, and I wish them well. I just don't agree with your statement. smile.gif

As I stated, I don't think that the comparison of B-flat and G bugles is particularly well-founded. I do think this corps has an improved horn line over the 2002 corps, the only other B-flat corps you bring up in your lineup. In terms of tonal production and clarity, I believe this is the best horn line the corps has presented, period. Their relative placement to other corps and other instrumentations aren't particularly relevant in the equation, as the musical demands of DCI performers have only continued to increase over the years.

But of course, this is just my opinion. There is no right or wrong answer, except that the Glassmen are hot, hot, hot! :D

Edited by HoltonH178

Regarding your quote: "Bluecoats don't typically improve as much as SCV at the end of the season. "

And you base this on what exactly?

We'll see...

Bluecoats have proven, once again, how deep this organization is. Don't bet against them. None other than Mr. Boo commented in his blog how much they've come on within the past few weeks. The staff and kids have everything to do with it.

I, for one, am looking forward to the remainder of the season to see how things play out. It's going to be a spirited battle for many placement spots this year.

That makes three of us.

Crown just might do it!!! They were much cleaner in Atlanta. And I've already sold my soul to the devil (the red one) for this to happen - LOL!!!

I think Cadets will end up holding off Phantom. Cadets have much more room to clean (which they tend to do big time in the last week or two) and this should reflect in execution and GE scores. They could also win drums (they've done it twice this year already). Phantom already seems to be super clean and kicking out some great GE, but both areas have less room to grow than Cadets, IMHO.

Bluecoats and SCV will battle it out to the end - either could end up over the other. But my bet would be SCV as Bluecoats don't typically improve as much as SCV at the end of the season.

I hope Boston can end the year above Cavies. Heck their guard alone should make the difference. People say Cavies guard has improved dramatically, but their flags were still almost never together in Atlanta. Even when they are in small groups of 8 (two lines of 4, five yards apart from one another) you see flags late, early and several times someone is totally lost and sticks out as doing something different from the rest). Guard scores in general seem to give too much weight to the portion of the guard up front doing the saber and rifle work while somewhat ignoring the other half of the guard doing flag work in the back (even BD is somewhat guilty of this - just check out the bright yellow flags at the end of the show).

I noticed a huge improvement in execution and, more importantly, understanding/selling the show by BK in San Antonio versus Minneapolis, and again in Atlanta versus San Antonio. If they keep going at that pace, watch out Spirit and Madison.

The devil (the red one) gave me one other wish for the price of my soul. For this, I asked that Crossmen sneak into the twelfth spot. But I think this is the longest of long shots in my list and I expect them to end in 13th with a good step up from last year and clear indication that they will be an even bigger threat in 2013.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

ouch!

But that Cavies score from last night looks pretty strong :)

Blue Stars making a statement

Fun stuff

• Like 2

Regarding your quote: "Bluecoats don't typically improve as much as SCV at the end of the season. "

I'll just add that I seem to recall a corps sitting in 6th place after Semi finals in 2006 behind both Cadets and SCV that ended up finishing in 4th place ahead of both Cadets and SCV.

who was that again? oh yeah The corps that doesn't improve at the end of the season.