Troopers in Indy

Am so glad that Troopers have been back on the scene the past couple of years, but worried that they may not even make it to semis this year - would love some input on this.

• Like 1

Am so glad that Troopers have been back on the scene the past couple of years, but worried that they may not even make it to semis this year - would love some input on this.

Semifinals now consists of the top 25 from prelims. They may not be in the top 17 at prelims, but there's no chance they will miss semis.

• Like 2

but semis now include open class corps based on scores, and several are scoring higher - that's my concern

• Like 1

Open is scored differently, their scores will drop considerably when they are judged the same as world class.

Curious as to the drop from WC sheets from OC sheets when the sheets are similar, but the phrase of consider the level of the corps(Or something to that effect) It is very difficult to predict with the change in sheets just how much of a drop they will see this year. I have no idea that it really means for 2012.

There will be a drop, I am not saying there wont be one, but mow much is another story. I sort of think that the old standby of 20 it too much. Maybe 15 this year. Just a hunch, but no prrof to that at all.

Edited by Splooie99

I thought WC & OC were judged on the same sheets in Indy...?

BDB placed higher than several WC corps last season.

They will be in Indy. But, during the current season, they are on different sheets. (Although, from what I saw, the wording is the same)The level of the class is to be taken into consideration in the 2 different sheets. So, using this new sheet format compared to the old sheets has no historical references like last year.

Like I said, I have no ideas as to the effect of the sheet change. We will only know when Aug 9th is over. :-) (At least to start a new historic reference)

Indy is World Class Prelims/Semis/Finals. Indy does not include Open Class Finals. That is in Michigan City, on "Open Class Sheets."

BDB Last year:

Open Class Finals - 95.000 (1st place)

World Class Prelims - 75.150 (21st place)

World Class Semis - 76.450 (19th place)

They did beat some World Class corps, but their current scores are darn near impossible to compare to World results.

Troopers are currently sitting around 17th/18th if I remember correctly.

Edit to add - they did beat Troopers in perc last year.

Edited by mingusmonk