Question for dcp moniters

After the closing of the thread "Cadetss penalties"I started reading the dci threads to justify my new thread.Are the monitors here bias? Are they. the same for for the the DCI threads ? If so I would think most of the threads would be shut down. The above thread mentioned showed no personal attacks against the corps or other posters.As a matter of fact I witnessed three other monitors viewing the thread without action. All that was said was pertaining to thread. I really feel that intelligent conversation falls short to gossip and peoples boring ### opinions that this forum is made up of.Maybe we should move this thread to DCI forum where it seems you can bash anyone and say almost anything with the threat of being shut down. Who know maybe defiance is a reason to shut this thread down before the masses can read it..This is not a bash against DCP but a question that hopefully will be answered without hostility.

• Like 1

Moved to Member Service Forum.

If you have a question about moderation, you are welcome to PM JohnZ, Bawker, or JohnD.

The original question (Why the C2 penalties?) was answered earlier in the thread. Usually, when an answer presents itself, the thread can be closed . . .sometimes at the authors request . . .to prevent "thread drift", especially in the case of a more "closed" or specific question that has a specific answer.

Additionally, from the looks of the thread, it had gone off topic a bit . . .to the point that there were some personal remarks between posters. That may have contributed to the thread closure as well.

Thanks,

-b :smile:

The original question (Why the C2 penalties?) was answered earlier in the thread. Usually, when an answer presents itself, the thread can be closed . . .sometimes at the authors request . . .to prevent "thread drift", especially in the case of a more "closed" or specific question that has a specific answer.

Additionally, from the looks of the thread, it had gone off topic a bit . . .to the point that there were some personal remarks between posters. That may have contributed to the thread closure as well.

Thanks,

-b :smile:

thanks for the answer to the easiest part.As for topics drifting as you put it 95 percent of the topics turn south.The topic was still having discussion on topic .It seems that I won't get get an exact answer here.Usually when the author requests shutdown the moderator states this at the closing of the thread.me thinks after reading your terms of posting that this was maybe "personal" .By the way I think it was quite a good idea to have the Dcp complaint section all the way at the bottom of the boards to ensure control IMO.thanks :thumbup:

Ps the personal remarks were friendly banteringIMO

Edited by Sal Rosenburg

I like thread drift. Thread drift is what makes these boards interesting. Unless, or course DCP is paying for the server space. How many times have you gone on YouTube to look for DYI instructions on installing a floor, only to end up watching chimpanzees driving go-carts?

• Like 1

thread drift is rarely the issue unless the OP has an issue with it. it's when things get personal that usually is the killer