Dublin Does Drum Corps

Music City is a no show...anyone know what's up?

Current weather conditions: 88 degrees and sunny with the sun setting behind the press box. Predicted low is 68 degrees.

Music City is a no show...anyone know what's up?

I just asked: Music City is filling Teal Sound's spot at another show which only had four corps.

• Like 2

Last time I saw the Oregon Crusaders was on the San Antonio webcast when the guard showed up late. They earned a major penalty but threw down such a hard core performance they still won Open Class that night by five points.

The announcer's mike keeps cutting out. Hopefully not an omen of how the electronics perform tonight.

AS the corps is announced, the guard stretches, yawns, and lies down on the field, preparing to go to sleep, as the show begins. A horn soloist performs the beginning of Eric Whitacre's Sleep. It is a micced solo with an echo effect, very effective for the start of the show.

Horns now on the move, playing backfield. ONce the show starts, the horns turn front and play the climactic hit of Sleep. Love the balance of the horn sound. I can hear all sections clearly.

A pit member plays a tenor solo on a stand to open the fast paced portion of the show. Percussion opens with their feature. Horns form two tight blocks which expand as they crescendo.

POwerful opening to the show! Very clean, too. I can see why OC is currently on top of Open Class.

Brass sections now trading off. Low brass sounds great.

Opener is finished. Another great chord crescendoing to the release. Crowd approves.

SEcond piece opens with a tango. This piece is great because the tango morphs into Channel One Suite.