Dublin Does Drum Corps

And back to the Apollo 13 theme. This also has a similar feel to 2010, with the soloist featured while the corps goes all evil and discordant on us before hitting a glorious climax.

Newish ending for me, too. I like the hoops rolling chaotically into the center of the field as the show ends.

Very solid drum feature.

Is this fanfare intentionally almost, but not quite, like 20th Century Fox?

And now for my second favorite moment of the show: Bela and Bird in Bb. So freakin' clean.

Da da da da! Da Da Da Da!!

DA, DA, DA, DA!!!!!!!!!!!

++

Did you catch the section where the corps (artists) "escape" to Switzerland in the far left endzone? :cool:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

And that's it for me. I'm on my way home. See you in Massillon next Monday!

• Like 1

Are they playing this yet?

It's in the pit, along with a very quick quote of West Side Story, I think right before or after the 20th Century Fox quote

There'sap a guy in a Crossmen. H jacket who is Italian sitting near me. Just asked a kid if he'd like to get his picture taken with an Italian guy. Who wouldn't?

p

He was with me te was happy to do it

Wow. Just when I thought Crossmen were about out of the chase they make on Blue Stars.

Wow. Just when I thought Crossmen were about out of the chase they make on Blue Stars.

Allentown should be interesting with the Bones having lots of alumni in the crowd.

Interesting recap

I got REALLY bored, and did some number crunching. .8 of the spread from Bones to Blue Stars is in guard. Crossmen topped them by 1.6 in that caption alone. I knew Bones had a good guard this year, but DANG. It seems ever since Blue Stars hit San Antonio, the guard just can't get the scores they were early season, I'm not a guard guy, but their work seems pretty together and not many drops, so I think they're doing pretty well. And Madison also beat Blue Stars by 1.5 in guard tonight, who Blue Stars beat by .2 in Atlanta.

And in Percussion, Blue Stars strength as of recent, Madison beat Blue Stars by 1.2 when in Atlanta, Blue Stars beat Madison in percussion by .6. Crossmen beat Blue Stars in percussion by .1 while they beat Crossmen in Atlanta by .9.

So in Guard (Atlanta first, tonight second):

Blue Stars - 16.5, 15.2 -1.3

Crossmen - 16.6, 16.8 +.2

Madison - 16.3, 16.7 +.4

Percussion:

Blue Stars - 16.6, 16.6

Crossmen - 15.7, 16.7 +1

Madison - 16, 17.8 +1.8

Edited by DrumManTx