Dublin Does Drum Corps

Nice reviews Kevin, I agree on everything with ya. I was sitting right in front of ya tonight!

Interesting recap

I got REALLY bored, and did some number crunching. .8 of the spread from Bones to Blue Stars is in guard. Crossmen topped them by 1.6 in that caption alone. I knew Bones had a good guard this year, but DANG. It seems ever since Blue Stars hit San Antonio, the guard just can't get the scores they were early season, I'm not a guard guy, but their work seems pretty together and not many drops, so I think they're doing pretty well. And Madison also beat Blue Stars by 1.5 in guard tonight, who Blue Stars beat by .2 in Atlanta.

And in Percussion, Blue Stars strength as of recent, Madison beat Blue Stars by 1.2 when in Atlanta, Blue Stars beat Madison in percussion by .6. Crossmen beat Blue Stars in percussion by .1 while they beat Crossmen in Atlanta by .9.

So in Guard (Atlanta first, tonight second):

Blue Stars - 16.5, 15.2 -1.3

Crossmen - 16.6, 16.8 +.2

Madison - 16.3, 16.7 +.4

Percussion:

Blue Stars - 16.6, 16.6

Crossmen - 15.7, 16.7 +1

Madison - 16, 17.8 +1.8

I can't explain the Blue Stars guard score drop, but the Crossmen is very consistent with how they've been trending. They had a 16.8 the night before.

As for the Crossmen percussion score, it has been trending upward after languishing for a while. The corps went through a period up to Atlanta where the show was being changed a lot. But, since then, they have been able to focus on execution. Their execution captions have been rising ever since. In between that 15.7 and 16.7 in percussion was a 16.4. I hear that particular section of the corps has been feeling like things are clicking for them.

• Like 1

I can't explain the Blue Stars guard score drop, but the Crossmen is very consistent with how they've been trending. They had a 16.8 the night before.

As for the Crossmen percussion score, it has been trending upward after languishing for a while. The corps went through a period up to Atlanta where the show was being changed a lot. But, since then, they have been able to focus on execution. Their execution captions have been rising ever since. In between that 15.7 and 16.7 in percussion was a 16.4. I hear that particular section of the corps has been feeling like things are clicking for them.

I totally agree with how Crossmen got scored in guard, they're fantastic this year! And percussion has been close enough recently so that didn't bother be, just the 1.3 drop and lowest score in weeks score for Blue Stars guard is what has me scratching my head, they compete tonight so I'll see if that's legit or not.

(IF Crossmen and Blue Stars tied for a finals spot I would be the happiest person in the world :thumbup: )

Edited by DrumManTx