Crossmen Scream

I just wanted to say that I miss the days when ever corps had actual "leads" and used them. The lead for Crossmen is like straight throwback and I love it. If he can do it I feel like every corps should be able to do it. BRING BACK LEADS!

• Like 6

Were they missing? I hear plenty of Fs and Gs in shows.

Yea they are definitely missing. They are all in chords which is fine but I miss exposed leads. And F's don't really count.

• Like 3

I just wanted to say that I miss the days when ever corps had actual "leads" and used them. The lead for Crossmen is like straight throwback and I love it. If he can do it I feel like every corps should be able to do it. BRING BACK LEADS!

I gave you a +1 just because I love your alias! Hotty Toddy!

• Like 1

I gave you a +1 just because I love your alias! Hotty Toddy!

Hotty Toddy!!

Can't wait till we play Texas, Texas A&M and UTEP this year.

And F's don't really count.

Tell the kid from Colts tongue.gif

Anyhow, I think it's worth noting that the Crossmen kid has been pretty lights-out all year. Good to the point where you don't even think about him hitting everything ... and you can't say that about all of them. He doesn't use a mic, they don't put him in front of the pit, and he marches while doing it!! There's a few players in top 5 corps that have taken WEEKS to tune some of their exposed moments, or find their confidence with it (and they're standing still, too!!).

One of the few screamers I've felt "comfortable" listening to since the early 97-04 BD guys.

Keep it up, stud!!

• Like 4

This thread is about the great talents of the 2012 Crossmen. We don't really care about Madison and Colts or anyone else for that matter. We are praising our beloved Lead Soloist here. And he deserves his own thread.

Make your own thread if need be, but there is no comparison to this great talented player, Chris Lyman. He is consistent and that's what the topic starter is saying.

He will go down in Crossmen history along with Gary Caffrey and Drew Ross.

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 3

Really? Because the original poster ends his/her post with three words: "BRING BACK LEADS." I can't speak for brassmeaway, but I'm just saying other drum corps are featuring their leads, which appears to be what OleMissRebel wants.

And if he deserves his own thread, where is Scott Dean's? He's the most recent featured screamer in DCI whom has his name known throughout the activity.

Edit: I'm not trying to rag on Lyman. I have seen the Crossmen once this summer so far (liked the show) and hope to see them at Finals. But the original post does not come across as a "We need to praise this kid because he can play high" thread. It appears to be a plea to drum corps to feature their leads more.

Edited by TeeDubbs
  • Like 4