What to do in Allentown

Oh, I have got to check that out. I've never stopped there because I'm a vegetarian, but the perogies sound like something I must try.

Don't fall for what these guys are saying. Yocco's is terrible food. It looks like something that would make Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, but the hot dogs suck. If you want a good hot dog, eat at Jimmy John's before the West Chester show tonight.

• Like 1

Don't fall for what these guys are saying. Yocco's is terrible food. It looks like something that would make Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, but the hot dogs suck. If you want a good hot dog, eat at Jimmy John's before the West Chester show tonight.

I agree. I love hotdogs and the ones at Yocco's are just plain boring hotdogs. Not "bad" but nothing special at all, imo.

Edited by frachel

People start picnics in the park rather early.

There's also a fundraising "spinfest" starting at 2PM: http://www.fieldofviewwg.org/

Should be fun to watch if they get good participation.

This may only be of interest to Crossmen alumni and friends, but there is a reunion of the Crossmen 1992 drumline at the Crossmen alumni picnic and the annual Crossmen Hall of Fame ceremony at 5PM. The current Crossmen should be there.

Here's a good image of the park next to the stadium and its size.

268395_10150986753688772_319327582_n.jpg

82 Crossmen snareline.

I do know one 92 alum who won't be there as he and his wife just brought a future bottom bass into the world yesterday

BRTky.jpg

• Like 1

I believe Surf is rehearsing in the stadium on Saturday...not sure about Friday...

Considering I'm presently in Fort Myers, Florida, that would be a long drive for a hot dog. And considering I've mention I'm a vegetarian, it would have to be the mother of all hot dogs.

I didn't know Jimmy John's sold hot dogs.

Actually, I've gone to a couple of places featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives... They actually weren't very good. tongue.gif

They were East coast places, so many Guy knows his SW and West Coast food better...

I do know the Lehigh Valley mall has undergone an expansion, so might be good shooping there.

The Lehigh Valley Ironpigs AAA baseball team (affiliate of the Phillies and doing much better) are out of town

Actually, I've gone to a couple of places featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives... They actually weren't very good. tongue.gif

They were East coast places, so many Guy knows his SW and West Coast food better...

I have never once seen Guy not say the food is great in any one of those Diners, drive ins, & Dives episodes. What are the odds that every single place he's visited is incredible?

He probably can't bad mouth any of the places or there wouldn't be any more places which would let him film there just in case he doesn't like it and gives them bad publicity.