What to do in Allentown

Eat at Yocco's 100. Pretty good hot dog joint and the only place I have ever seen deep-fried perogies served like french fries (w/ketchup, of course). Well worth it and right across from "the park."

• Like 1

There's only one thing to do in Allentown ... lounge in the park and bask in the glory of drum corps mecca. At some point .. sneak out after dark and watch your favorite corps march up the hill into the pines .. with the straylight peering thru the evergreen needles. If you've ever made that march ... it will effect you deeply.

People start picnics in the park rather early.

There's also a fundraising "spinfest" starting at 2PM: http://www.fieldofviewwg.org/

Should be fun to watch if they get good participation.

This may only be of interest to Crossmen alumni and friends, but there is a reunion of the Crossmen 1992 drumline at the Crossmen alumni picnic and the annual Crossmen Hall of Fame ceremony at 5PM. The current Crossmen should be there.

Here's a good image of the park next to the stadium and its size.

268395_10150986753688772_319327582_n.jpg

What to do in Allentown

Please add your own suggestions.

For those not so blessed, I should have also added WaWa!

the diner is great...I usually eat a meal there any time our band has had a show at J Birney.

If you have a sweet tooth...Josh Early candy store has some VERY good Chocolates...not that I know from first-hand experience or anything. :rolleyes:

1617.jpg

the diner is great...I usually eat a meal there any time our band has had a show at J Birney.

If you have a sweet tooth...Josh Early candy store has some VERY good Chocolates...not that I know from first-hand experience or anything. :rolleyes:

1617.jpg

You beat me to it :tongue:

Josh Early has excellent choclates and other candies. Lots of stuffed animals and gifts.

It's also not far from the stadium.

Eat at Yocco's 100. Pretty good hot dog joint and the only place I have ever seen deep-fried perogies served like french fries (w/ketchup, of course). Well worth it and right across from "the park."

oh yea, Yocco's a must.

FYI Yocco is Lee Iacocca's brother.

One went hot dogs, one went cars

Yocco sold more hot dogs than Lee ever sold cars!

Folk Music Fest[/url]Bethlehem fold music festival starts the same weekend and goes for several days.

My favorite place is the Celtic shop on Main street. Fabulous tea room!

Edited by shawn craig

Oh, I have got to check that out. I've never stopped there because I'm a vegetarian, but the perogies sound like something I must try.

Not this year. The Cadets will be housed in NJ, rehearsing at the Meadowlands and making the long drive in. Not sure who gets the stadium for rehearsal. Here's The Cadets preliminary schedule for Saturday. Looks like a brutal day.

6:00 am -- Wake up and pack

6:45 am -- Depart for Met Life

8:15 am -- Arrive, breakfast, unload

9:45 am -- The Day

9:55 am – Stretch & Run

10:30am -- Visual

12:30pm -- Lunch

1:00 pm -- Sectionals

2:30 pm -- Set up

2:45 pm -- Ensemble

4:15 pm -- Showers, food and load up

5:45 pm -- Travel to Allentown --- a bit of snack

7:45 pm -- Arrival at stadium

9:50 pm -- Gate

10:11 pm - Perform

10:30 pm - Pizza and soda in the lot

12:00 am -- Depart

2:00 am -- Arrive at housing in North Jersey

Ouch. Long rides to the show can be nice, but two hours kinda sucks.