West Chester Shenanigans

It's August...everyone just got better.

Performing Corps

Line-up is in reverse order of appearance.

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ

Tonight is my night to enjoy the lot, but I will be tweeting and putting up some picutres on Twitter. I will also be tweeting from A-Town (Friday only) and Giants Stadium on Sunday.

@SchickADV

Cheers!

Here is another performance order related question:

In this show we have four of the top 8, one from the rest of the top twelve and then two from below twelfth place.

Since BK doesn't have any other similar-level corps performing in this show...and given some of the discussion on how judges give scores to similar-level corps...could this have an effect on how BK is scored? Could this be considered a more realistic evaluation of their performance?

Edited by RockyGranite
  • Like 2

i like this show venue,,,but I got so lost leaving the show and trying to get back to my hotel in 2010

I know what you mean...I have been there a few times...three times when my daughter attended the Vivace MB camp and then just for the show...and I always seem to have trouble leaving the show. Not sure what I keep doing wrong.

Well, I'll be there tonight for my 4th shot at it!

Edited by MikeD

Rainy in the area but weather.com says it should clear out this afternoon

Show temps in the 70's :thumbup: with just a chance of scattered t-storms

Sounds promising :thumbup:

Here is another performance order related question:

In this show we have four of the top 8, one from the rest of the top twelve and then two from below twelfth place.

Since BK doesn't have any other similar-level corps performing in this show...and given some of the discussion on how judges give scores to similar-level corps...could this have an effect on how BK is scored? Could this be considered a more realistic evaluation of their performance?

I don't know what the answer to your question is, but I take issue to the statement that "BK doesn't have any other similar-level corps performing in this show".

The Crossmen are within a few points. Maybe your definition of "similar level" is different than mine, but I think a few points is close enough.

The difference between the Crossmen and Blue Knights score is tighter than the difference between Cavaliers and Vanguard.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 3

I will try and take some lot movies and upload to YouTube as I go. Feel free to look at my YouTube channel under "fannybass" and post videos on this thread. If this works I'll try and do the same at Allentown.

I don't know what the answer to your question is, but I take issue to the statement that "BK doesn't have any other similar-level corps performing in this show".

The Crossmen are within a few points. Maybe your definition of "similar level" is different than mine, but I think a few points is close enough.

The difference between the Crossmen and Blue Knights score is tighter than the difference between Cavaliers and Vanguard.

My concern is not with the top 8, so your reference to Cavaliers and Vanguard is irrelevant. I'll worry about them if BK ever approaches their scores.

Do you think the spread between Crossmen and BK (2.5 points in Atlanta) is close enough to affect the judges scoring based on order of appearance...the same as, say, the .7 difference between BK and Spirit? Keep in mind, please, that I asked a question in another thread as to whether performance order can affect the judges scoring and the general impression I got is that it might. My question in that thread also specifically referenced BK and Spirit.

Look, barigirl78, you are free to take issue with my assessment, but I stand by my contention that Crossmen are not at the same level as BK. In fact, others have express similar evaluations. Now, I know there is a possibility that Crossmen could come very close to...or even pass BK, but I don't think it's likely. Same as it is possible that BK can overtake Scouts...but not likely.

Anyway, I thank you for your admission that you don't know the answer to my question.

• Like 1

I swear to god I'll pistol whip the next guy who says "shenanigans."

Hey Farva, what's the name of that place you like with the mozzarella sticks, and all the #### on the walls?

• Like 1