The BEAST from the EAST!

What is going on with these recaps and scoring? Santa Clara second in drums, after beating the Cadets by a good margin last time they met, and Cavaliers' brass now in third by a huge margin; Santa Clara's guard won by half a point over Cadets? Are the judges just trying to keep things interesting by bouncing around scores every night, or are the corps that inconsistent? This is strange to see such huge swings night-to-night, especially at this point in the season.

I have been saying the same thing for a while...

It appears judges see it the way THEY want to see it (not a specific way) and there are FAR too many judges to be consistent.

What is going on with these recaps and scoring? Santa Clara second in drums, after beating the Cadets by a good margin last time they met, and Cavaliers' brass now in third by a huge margin; Santa Clara's guard won by half a point over Cadets? Are the judges just trying to keep things interesting by bouncing around scores every night, or are the corps that inconsistent? This is strange to see such huge swings night-to-night, especially at this point in the season.

You're speaking to the choir!

I guess it's clear that judges are having a hard time finding anything "undeniable" about corps below Crown. You usually have to be undeniable to win.

Regarding the brass caption...

From the research I did in another thread...and posted...the brass score at West Chester for the Cavies was an anomaly...the Cavies are back where they had been at the recent shows prior to West Chester.

Percussion...

SCV was only .3 ahead of the Cadets at West Chester, so it is at least in the world of possibility to see a swing the other way. JJ Pipitone has been judging a lot. At Dallas he had SCV .4 over the Cadets in percussion adn Murfreesboro .7 in favor of SCV! Maybe SCV had a off night and the Cadets a good one?

I guess it's clear that judges are having a hard time finding anything "undeniable" about corps below Crown. You usually have to be undeniable to win.

For those interested inscores..ie weird scores,.. Jersey Surf made up 3.3 points on the Cascades in the next head to head match up with them.. and in only 5 days. When was the last time a Corps in the top echelon of DCI made up a 3.3 point difference on a Corps in front of them in August in less than 6 days ? I don't ever recall it happening.

east-coast-classic.jpg

After traveling over 9000 miles and after being on the road for 68 days the Boston Crusaders are FINALLY home!

Tonight's lineup:

East Coast Classic - Start time: 7:00 PM

Line-up is in reverse order of appearance.

In competition:

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Cascades - Seattle, WA

Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ

In exhibition:

Crusaders Senior Drum and Bugle Corps - Boston, MA

Muchachos - Manchester, NH

lvms.png

Tonight the Boston Crusader will be playing the National Anthem at the Red Sox game (Fenway).

Percussion...

SCV was only .3 ahead of the Cadets at West Chester, so it is at least in the world of possibility to see a swing the other way. JJ Pipitone has been judging a lot. At Dallas he had SCV .4 over the Cadets in percussion adn Murfreesboro .7 in favor of SCV! Maybe SCV had a off night and the Cadets a good one?

I was looking more at the raw numbers, in addition to the spreads. SCV dropped .7 in percussion in one night? At this point in the season? And Cadets went down .2. Just seems like some of the judges try and throw things off to try and keep things interesting this year, because I honestly can't think that corps are still this inconsistent night to night at this point in the season. Late June, I can see that, but not really beginning of August.

The only scores that really matter are next Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Anything up to that point is worthless.

(And even those scores don't REALLY matter, because regardless of placement, there are some seriously great shows this year that I will enjoy for years to come, no matter the placement)