Revenue sharing

I was talking to a parent who has a kid marching this summer, as well as the last 3 summers. She was worried about affording one more year of corps for her daughter and said it was a shame that it costs so much. Considering that we have had 3 or 4 corps end their summers early, is it even possible that DCI could/should set up a system where the revenues were shared in such a way to help situations like this?

Thoughts?

I was talking to a parent who has a kid marching this summer, as well as the last 3 summers. She was worried about affording one more year of corps for her daughter and said it was a shame that it costs so much. Considering that we have had 3 or 4 corps end their summers early, is it even possible that DCI could/should set up a system where the revenues were shared in such a way to help situations like this?

Thoughts?

That would require there to be revenues to share.

• Like 2

There's plenty of revenue. Profit is a different story.

• Like 1

Well I guess I was just using the term heard amongst pro sports..... So rephrasing .... Is there money available that could help the corps in need? Can the corps that are doing well afford to help others?

Well I guess I was just using the term heard amongst pro sports..... So rephrasing .... Is there money available that could help the corps in need? Can the corps that are doing well afford to help others?

There's always more money in the sense of private donations, and while not always easy, corps may need to step up their pursuit of charitable contributions.

Hardly seems fair to those who busted their butts to generate the revenue in the first place!

• Like 3

Couldn't the person in need of money seek sponsors? It doesn't hurt to ask. Perhaps the person could put in a notice on DCP, talk to relatives, neighbors, etc.

• Like 1

DCI corps such as Cadets, SCV, BD, etc... sharing of guidance, advise, and business wisdom to other struggling DCI corps through a fraternal collective network: Yes, I support that idea. Revenue Sharing (ie distributing revenue collected by DCI corps Cadets, SCV, BD, etc... ) to struggling DCI corps: NO WAY!!!!

• Like 3

I'm not sure what you mean by revenue sharing?

As for sponsorship, this is a great idea that works. My son has probably received a total of $3000 in sponsorship over 4 years. It has been really good for him. He wrote letters, set up appointments with local businesses and explained the activity and asked them for their support. Many of his teachers helped him, even if it was with a $5 bill. Lots of family support (that's where most of it came from). He also had a job and had a change jar that when we counted it up had a shocking $67 in it! Spending money!

There are numerous kids in this activity who raise all the money year after year to march. It's hard but possible!