Return of the Drum Corps Genie

You have graciously provided sodas for your favorite corps after a show. As you open your soda bottle, who should emerge but Drum Corps Genie. As flabbergasted corps members look on, the Genie tells you that he will grant you one (and ONLY one) wish.

You may wish to change the judged result of one and only one show in drum corps history. No future contests or seasons will be affected by your wish (i.e. if you wish that corps x wins finals one year, they don't go on a tear and win three more times.) You may not influence events that are in the future.

If you attempt to wish for more wishes, wish for more than one change in result, or become offensive in your wishing ('I wish that corps x would win in 19XX because corps y didn't really deserve it/ paid off the judges'), the genie will vanish and you will be forced to line fields for brass, percussion, and guard BY YOURSELF for one week on the muddiest practice fields in existence.

Your wish is the Genie's command....

Cadets 2007.

Probably in the minority here.

• Like 3

Omaha, NE, August 15th, 1988. Last show before finals week. We (Suncoast) NAILED our show, and came in second to Spirit. Back then, the show winner did the encore, and I really, really wanted to do the show once more. It was the only real shot we had that year to win a show, and I really thought we had done it. Also, after fighting hard all year (low score of 59 on July 1st) we were SO CLOSE to breaking 90. We had hit 87.8 the night before. We ended up with a 89.8 to Spirit's 92.6. Spirit may have been better, but a 90+ would have been nice.

Ironically, we DID break 90 at semis, but NEVER KNEW IT because that year no one knew what they scored at semis. In fact, I only found out that we broke 90 that year earlier THIS summer.

• Like 3