Most emotionally impactful show to watch ever?

Hello!

Since I've just gotten into DCI recently, I've only been to one DCI show, DCI SW. One of the best experiences of my life.

My highlights of this experience were definitely Scout's closer, SCV's opener, and both Crown and BLOO's shows. Why? Because they emotionally impacted me so hard that I was on my feet cheering (or BLOOOOOing :thumbup:) at the top of my lungs for these corps because of their beautiful blend of powerful drill, music, and amazing hornlines.

Since this is the only live DCI show I've been to, these are the only ones I can talk about a true emotional impact.

Of course, what's an avid drum corps fan without his Youtube marathons? I've spent many hours on Youtube watching different videos and choosing the ones I like best. My meter stick of choice? Goosebump height. I LOVE those show segments/videos that make my skin pop. Videos I've watched on Youtube over and over again:

Phanton's closer 2011

Phantom's Firebird Suite

BK's opener 2011

Crown Bohemian Rhapsody

Crown's MMX tuning sequence

SCV's Simple gifts

SCV's Closer 2011

Cavaliers opener 2006

Cavaliers closer 2011

Star of Indiana Cross to Cross (a must!)

Bluecoats Creep

Just to name a few.

Anyone else have this sort of experience they want to share?

Phantom 1996, absolutely top of the list.

Garfield 1985.

Suncoast 1984 (I know, I KNOW)

Phantom 1996, absolutely top of the list.

Garfield 1985.

Suncoast 1984 (I know, I KNOW)

Madison 1988 closer. It was a thrill to march-it!

Crown 09. It's clicked with me more than any show I've ever seen. It was magical watching it for the first time. I doubt any other show will hold quite the same impact with me as it does, just because it was the first show I truly wholesomely fell in love with.

There are countless others, but it's way too late to try to list them all, so I'll spare myself the effort.

Depends on how you are defining emotion here. Are we just talking sad emotion? Happy emotion? In either case im gonna have to pull a homer card here and call 09 Blue stars. The show was about Pearl Harbor, I mean how can that not be an emotional show. We tried to cram the before, during and after part of what happened into an 11 minute show. From the ladies hanging up laundry on close lines, on a peaceful day, to the attack, to our final victory in the war. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! One emotional part rings true for me, as well as a lot of other members on side 1 when this happened. We were at the "Taps" section in the show, when an older gentlemen wearing a VFW hat looked down for a moment, and removed his hat. And for those of us on the field that saw him do this, you could just feel him reflecting on the sights he saw, and the people he knew who died in that war. I will never forget the feeling I had during that. I almost couldnt keep playing I was so choked up. It was so powerful. Our show took on a whole new meaning for many of us that day.

• Like 5

1987 Garfield Cadets has it all, as does Garfield 1984. Phantom 2008 is up there, along with Madison 1995, 1997, and 1988. SCV 1987 and 1988 would also rank high on my list. Sky Ryders 1987 is amazing, Boston Crusaders in 2000 is classic, and the Canton Bluecoats in 1988 and 1989 were electrifying!

• Like 1