Hello Choreography, Goodbye Marching

People say that more emphasis is being put on choreography than marching? I have 2 things to say...

What do they first teach/look at auditionees visually? (Marching)

Choreography is another dimension for the performers to project with. Choreography allows for much more body movement, creating much more for audiences to enjoy and take in.

I am perfectly fine with adding choreography, but would not say that it is being placed "higher" than marching in priority.

Sure it may be practiced a lot to make it look good for the audiences, but why do you think basics blocks are so frequent?

Just some of my thoughts on this subject.

Thanks!

What do they first teach/look at auditionees visually? (Marching)

I auditioned at a 2-day camp last year for BD. There wasn't any marching, they just covered choreography and the very basics of jazz running at that audition camp.

I auditioned at a 2-day camp last year for BD. There wasn't any marching, they just covered choreography and the very basics of jazz running at that audition camp.

Were you auditioning for horns, drums or guard? Not trying to start or extend an argument for or against, just hoping to get a clearer picture of your experience.

Peace,

Fred O.

Were you auditioning for horns, drums or guard? Not trying to start or extend an argument for or against, just hoping to get a clearer picture of your experience.

Peace,

Fred O.

For horns but drums were also going through the same visual audition at that camp.