Crossmen Help

Prior to 91, they were from West Chester. They used to have a PO box there. 89 and 90 we practiced at the institution of the criminally insane just outside of West Chester. (yes, you read that right)

I think in 88 they practiced on campus sometimes (WCU) and also at Boeing beach (a Boeing parking lot off of rte 95 still near West Chester). 87 I think was at Boeing as well. 86 barely happened. Not sure where they practiced, in 86.

they were based in West Chester while the Robinsons ran the corps and still stayed in WC after the Robinsons retired. The corps was based in WC through 1992.

I think they were from Newark, DE in 1994??

My husband marched 91-94 and he refers to that time as the I-95 Crossmen. "home" was wherever they could get practice space.

I'm curious as to why you need the info. Trivia contest?

There may be info in the archives: http://www.crossmena...g/archives.html

And the time under YEA was your Allentown listing. However, that was just where the YEA ofc was. They weren't really based there except on paper.

Edited by kac

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody else please confirm, but I believe the Crossmen moved to San Antonio for the 2006 season.

Yes, 2007 was their first year out from under the YEA! umbrella, and they moved to San Antonio. Great move for them, in my opinion.

It's amazing how many corps have moved bases over the years. The Cadets, Cavaliers, Spirit, and Phantom I know moved around a bunch

Yes, 2007 was their first year out from under the YEA! umbrella, and they moved to San Antonio. Great move for them, in my opinion.

It's amazing how many corps have moved bases over the years. The Cadets, Cavaliers, Spirit, and Phantom I know moved around a bunch

Pretty sure the Cavaliers have only been in Chicago and Rosemont.

Phantom's always been in Rockford.

Pretty sure the Cavaliers have only been in Chicago and Rosemont.

Cavaliers in Park Ridge until 1980, then Rosement since.

Phantom spent some time in Loves Park ( sponsorship?) for a few years before returning to Rockford.

They spent a few years in Love Park, and then had a joint title of Rockford-Love Park for awhile there in the 90s. Then they went back to just Rockford, but I'm not too familiar with Illinois geography to know how close everything is.

Any quick explanation for why they split from YEA?

Talk about moving around, the Velvet Knights have been from Buena Park, Santa Ana and Anaheim. One year, after their VFW post in Buena Park ended their sponsorship, the corps was sponsored by a post in Iowa for the California State VFW show. So they were from Iowa, for a day.

Garry in Vegas

PS The current VK calls Pasadena home.

Edited by CrunchyTenor