What would you like to see Jersey Surf do next year?

Surf is definitely a crowd favorite this year... What would you like to see them put on the field next year?

. . .a stadium rock / "hair band" show ( a bit of borrowing from another thread here about show design, but I think that this kind of show would be awesome for Surf).

Preshow "The Final Countdown", ample opportunity for a pre-show announcer to get the crowd going while the synth is going. Either that, or the synth part to "Jump". You know you love it. :tongue:

I have no clue what to do for an opener or even a closer right now . . .but, my goodness, there are so many choices for a ballad: "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", "Patience", "What About Love?", "I Remember You" . . .and if you're feeling really brave and want to segue into a big over-blown ending: "November Rain".

Soooo many opportunities for comedy there. . .or to even play it serious, if you wanted to.

Well, if they wanna go the tribute band (corps) route - The Best of DCI. Snapshots from all the great shows of the past, with a Jersey spin to things. May not win, but darn it, could be a crowd fave if well executed. Of course, this does absolutely nothing to develop their own identity. Whatevah.

27th Lancers! :thumbup:

70s and 80s rock show. Crown touched on a bit of it last year, but I think Surf could do it. Let them keep their fun style, it's sorely needed in DCI. But maybe amp up the quality next year, maybe push towards the Top 15? Take the Bridgmen style, and add Bridgemen quality? Not a dig, just an observation. I'd like everyone to perform at the top of their game, but not sacrifice quality for having a "fun show"

• Like 1

Just witnessed it tonight in Allentown. Their show this year is so entertaining and the crowd involvement is incredible!

• Like 2

Whatever they want, as long as they're at least as entertaining as this year.

• Like 3