Blue Knights over Glassmen and Crossmen?

Also relevant to this conversation... I think BK will benefit greatly from pushing the corps to march such a challenging visual program... Just my thought, I think BK sees that doing clean manageable shows will only get them so far. Knowing Sully and that great staff they know that in order to move up they're gonna need to take more risks. Coming out with a show that was the most difficult they've done and knowing it'd be dirty as sin through mid season took guts. That said the payoff is showing itself as they get ready for finals and for the coming years. The membership has a beast show under their belt and will build from that. I thought in 09 BK wasnt ready for the crazy drill Sully wrote and they had a ton of injuries. The past two seasons were building strength to handle the demand we see now. As they go forward I'm excited! They're building something special in Denver... And it has nothing to do with Peyton Manning:)! Whether they score higher or Nor this season it was a huge success to build membership and strength/endurance for the future generation of what BK will become:)!!

Wes P

• Like 2

Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

Itson

Itson who?

It's Only one show, people; it's only one show.

• Like 1

Since it seems to be unclear how much BK plays during the show, I checked it out. After the preshow, in the roughly 11:30 show, most of the corps plays 7:22, with horns being down or on the ground for just over four minutes. There is about 20 seconds worth I counted in the "horns down" number that does feature the miked bari solo (the second one, towards the end of the show), but no one else is playing, so I'm not sure if that should count or not.

So, they play for nearly 2/3 of the show. Which was, I admit, more than my impression. Other corps may take a lot of time off playing, but they tend to do it in shorter bursts. With BK this year it does really stand out, particularly the first minute of the show proper.

Thanks for taking the time to gather that information. Much appreciated.

Umm. No and No. Great that you support your favorite corps so much. A top 5 show??? Not close. Bottom of top 12 at best and probably 14th when all the finals dust clears and we look back more objectively. Dance demand higher than some. Risky concept beyond most. Dirtier than many. individual challenge, less than most top 15.

I disagree. Watch that show closely... it's #### difficult. I'd say easily one of the top 5 shows this year in terms of overall (musical-visual-individual-ensemble) demand... they are doing some amazing things out there on the field.

That being said, they are still quite dirty, and I think they aren't getting penalized enough (except in brass) for that.

• Like 3

So BK alums think BK has a great show that deserves to beat Glassmen and Crossmen, and alums of those two corps disagree? You don't say. . .

I really feel like this discussion will lead to lots of people changing their minds.

I've definitely changed my mind----------- Cowboys have zero chance of making Super Bowl.... But I'll still root fir them!!!

• Like 2

I watched the Allentown show today and was very impressed by BK's level of achievement thus far. Early in the season was VERY rough. I'm still not completely digging the show. There are many things that are turn offs for me. However, they have some good design and a tough book. I think they are executing very well. They should challenge for 10th

• Like 1

I think BK's show is absolutely terrific. Sitting up high in both Allentown & San Antonio (as well as seeing their field show in the rain at DATR), I think the show has tons of GE - and especially visually. The design of the show is stellar, there is a TON of demand, and the corps is achieving a great deal of that demand. This is all a matter of taste, of course, but while Glassmen are technically competent, their guard, percussion & GE all lag BK. Crossmen don't have the demand or content to get in front of them either, and visually there is plenty of dirt in Crossmen's show (Don't get me wrong, Crossmen have my 2nd favorite show on the field this summer). I think BK is safely in top 12, and could threaten as high as 9th or 10th if they have a stellar cleaning week.

Harvey

Umm. No and No. Great that you support your favorite corps so much. A top 5 show??? Not close. Bottom of top 12 at best and probably 14th when all the finals dust clears and we look back more objectively. Dance demand higher than some. Risky concept beyond most. Dirtier than many. individual challenge, less than most top 15.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. My opinion and your opinion are just that-opinions. And I will stand by my original statement.