Blue Knights over Glassmen and Crossmen?

It's silly to make statements about them not performing it as well as Spirit or Xmen..... THEYRE IN 11th and barely out of 10th... U and everyone else can have your opinion, but THEY'VE CONSISTENTLY STAYED IN SOLID POSITION ALL SEASON LONG!!! if you really think they're being given scores then and haven't earned them that's ludicrous.... And a slap at the performers! THEY ARE PERFORMING WELL AND DESERVE THEIR SCORES! It's one thing if I was arguing they should be ahead of Madison Boston Cavies.... But the judges are seeing and hearing consistency! Hate to tell you this.... I'm a Crossmen Fan and my former brass instructor and good friend I marched with are teaching them! I just don't think the Xmen have the vehicle to pull it off but it will be close. I think it will be BStars vs Xmen on Friday not BK vs Xmen. BK and Spirit will duel for 10th. By the by.. Boston had a 3-4 minute time frame between their perc break through the ballad a year ago where the whole corps didn't play... Just a solo.... We wanna say that that show wasn't solid musically? Um no..... It was a great show!! BK allows the battery to wail some in the opener... Last time I checked that was legal, and they really play great during that stretch... There's the green shirted peoe on the field that are saying BK is achieving. GO XMEN... I hope you make it in finals... If not I for one will not sit clamoring how you got screwed or shoulda coulda woulda... Instead I'm gonna applaud you loudly because you've made huge strides regardless of placement. Be pretty crappy if the members of Xmen felt like this season was only a good one if the ended in 12th.... They were 17 a year ago and are entertaining and wonderful this year! Go Xmen and Go Blue Knights!!!

Wes P

• Like 4

Wow, Wes. Though I admire your support and love for your corps, I must honestly state your bias is showing in absolutely exemplary fashion. Spirit not move and play? Ummmm. No. Stand and play some. Absolutely. No more or less than most. Their brass play time is probably 25% more than BK. The individual responsibilities for brass members compared to BK, different league. Consider section exposures, section and part ranges, variety of style challenges, tempo variety, harmonic language variety, solos and ensembles, body while playing, field spreads while playing, phrase lengths and frequency of them, etc. Let's sit down and watch the videos together. I am not a Spirit homer, but couldn't resists pointing out what I think to be clearly obvious when watching both BK and Spirit. Not the same brass ballpark at all. Best to both corps.

Edited by westcoastblue
  • Like 7

Although BK has an entertaining visual program, the music just isn't up to par to the corps around them in my opinion. I only found the ending to be stimulating but it's been done before and better and it's holding them back. Xmen could possibly catch up to BK but it'll take a big push.

• Like 3

Blue Knights show, you are either going to like it, or you aren't. The drill is very unique, nothing like what everyone else is doing. The arrangements are good I think, true to the original, and some great brass moments, but it is a little out there to someone who's not familiar with the original or doesn't have a trained musical ear. The show itself is not catered to everyone, but it's good. (Wasn't a fan at all early season, don't mind the show now.)

The one thing that completely baffles me about this show is why the drumline isn't scoring higher, the snare line especially is fantastic! I think for sure they'll hold their spot and could possibly catch Spirit. Blue Stars in the mix too, the three corps have been within 1 point the last two meetings, 1 being a regional. Crossmen have a big push to make if they want to beat one of the three, but they're there as well.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

BK has a much better show than the other two and that is why they re ahead of them.

And if I were at Spirit I would be getting a little worried about BK cathing them

• Like 2

I'm not against Spirit... Or their playing... BK has beaten them in brass some since SA and Atl.... I'm biased sure... But the scores are close.... Very close... .25 close.... I'm not making that up out of bias, that's fact on the score sheet 84.2- 83.95... In SA I felt a noticeable step in quality when BK and Spirit performed from those before them. Demand is subjective and again I'm not being a homer by saying that. Firebird vs Luck be a Lady... Great music from both, but different... To each their own bout what you like but another tier is not accurate when describing the battle between Spirit and BK... It's the same tier

• Like 2

Blue Knights show, you are either going to like it, or you aren't. The drill is very unique, nothing like what everyone else is doing. The arrangements are good I think, true to the original, and some great brass moments, but it is a little out there to someone who's not familiar with the original or doesn't have a trained musical ear. The show itself is not catered to everyone, but it's good. (Wasn't a fan at all early season, don't mind the show now.)

The one thing that completely baffles me about this show is why the drumline isn't scoring higher, the snare line especially is fantastic! I think for sure they'll hold their spot and could possibly catch Spirit. Blue Stars in the mix too, the three corps have been within 1 point the last two meetings, 1 being a regional. Crossmen have a big push to make if they want to beat one of the three, but they're there as well.

You're really going to go there?

• Like 2

Hahaha.... Skajerk you've got nothing to worry about... I know through your reviews from over the years you've got a great ear... Even if u don't love my beloved BK this year:)

• Like 1

Hahaha.... Skajerk you've got nothing to worry about... I know through your reviews from over the years you've got a great ear... Even if u don't love my beloved BK this year:)

Well, it's not that I don't love them this year, all the a&e they added to one of my favorite pieces of music is just not my cup of tea.

Now, 2009-2011? Yep. Loved those shows. :cool:

Edited by skajerk