Pittsburgh Pit Stop

Back from the show.

Glad I could help out.

Had a treat tonight. As we were walking back toward the souvie/corps parking area, both Spirit and Crossmen hornlines played to each other as is their tradition near the end of the season. Spirit played I think the ballad to their show, Salvation, and Georgia and Crossmen replied with Twin Peaks Brass warm up, Alleluia (I think), Earth Song (2012 opener), and Russian Christmas music.

One of the those,"you gotta love drum corps" moments and the friendship and history of these corps.

I was there too - Spirit also played the finale from Mahler's Eighth. Crossmen did not play 'Hallelujah,' but 'Here Comes the Flood.' Incredible sound from both corps. I was sitting right in front of the Crossmen soprano line. What an amazing line. Haven't heard sound like that from Crossmen in a long time.

Back from the show.

Glad I could help out.

Had a treat tonight. As we were walking back toward the souvie/corps parking area, both Spirit and Crossmen hornlines played to each other as is their tradition near the end of the season. Spirit played I think the ballad to their show, Salvation, and Georgia and Crossmen replied with Twin Peaks Brass warm up, Alleluia (I think), Earth Song (2012 opener), and Russian Christmas music.

One of the those,"you gotta love drum corps" moments and the friendship and history of these corps.

I was there too - Spirit also played the finale from Mahler's Eighth. Crossmen did not play 'Hallelujah,' but 'Here Comes the Flood.' Incredible sound from both corps. I was sitting right in front of the Crossmen soprano line. What an amazing line. Haven't heard sound like that from Crossmen in a long time.

and it's stuff like THIS that we need on the FanNetwork

• Like 3

Back from the show.

Glad I could help out.

I heard they were going to do that. I'm really glad you got to see it.

Recaps are up: Spirit took 1st in Percussion, 0.4 over Madison. Great job! They also took 2nd in GE and Music. The battle among Spirit, BK and BS is gonna be a nail-biter! But, we wouldn't have it any other way--right?

Colts--I would have liked to see some posts about the Colts, too. I REALLY like your show, especially the "All By Myself" closer. I get choked up every time I see it, even when just online.

Thanks for that I knew I wasn't correct on the selections. Bones brass line is really setting the groundwork for some great stuff down the road.

Spirit's Hornline can put it out there too!

Lot of cameras taking vids...look on YouTube. Here is a recording of the 2011 play-off.

If someone posts a vid of tonight's Spirit/Crossmen hornlines on Spirit's FB page, I'll see if I can post a link.

Spirit peaked to early. Good to see a jump by Madison. I think they can finish in 7th.

Maybe not. Check the recaps. Sprit was only down in Visual, but that's definitely fixable over the next several days.

Time will tell....

Crossmen played Twin Peaks