Pittsburgh Pit Stop

Maybe not. Check the recaps. Sprit was only down in Visual, but that's definitely fixable over the next several days.

Time will tell....

They could have had a bad nightly visually, or it could just be the difference in perspective from a different judge or two. Compared to their scores from Rome on Thursday, Spirit was down 1.2 in Visual Profiency and Color Guard combined. I tend to believe at this point in the season that that is more of a case of a different judge on a different night. I'm sad that Blue Stars overtook Spirit for the first time now, as the corps head to Indy, but hey...we all know that anything can and will happen. Perhaps if Spirit had indeed become somewhat stagnant in performance, this will kick their motivation up a notch!

As you said, time will tell...

Congratulations Blue Stars! :thumbup:

Of course, I'm hoping that will give Spirit of Atlanta just the incentive they need to push even harder this week.

Hey, it seemed to work last year. At the last show before Indy in 2011, Glassmen beat Spirit by .85, and Academy beat Spirit by .15, after being 1.6 and 2.2 points behind Spirit, respectively, at Allentown.

And we all know what happened when they got to Indy – at Prelims, Spirit beat Glassmen by 2.55 points and Academy by 3.4 points. And at Semifinals, Spirit beat Glassmen by 3.15 points and Academy by 3.9 points.

Sounds good to me. I love it when history repeats itself...

Wow, way to put in a strong performance, Blue Stars! I wonder what this might mean for BK's relative placement. Keep striving, Spirit, you guys have an amazing show!

I love all these corps' shows! Can't wait for Prelims! :thumbup:

Edited by skywhopper

I hope you are right...but I hate to say, the judges will do everything in their power to keep Madison out of the TOC. They will wind up behind the Cavaliers and Boston...that is my sad prediction. At quarter finals, they play before intermission. Not a good spot. I think the judges will put them in 9th. How sad is that? They don't look or sound like a 9th place corps, IMO. More like 6th or 7th. Judges just don't like them. And don't tell me it is their execution...what other corps could do that rotating front as well as them? There are corps above them that are not executing their shows as well as them. It is all political crap. For one, I'm sick to death of these #### biases by the judges. We need to write to DCI instead of wasting our time expressing our opinions on this forum. Unfortunately, the DCI folks probably never even bother to read this stuff.

Madison is more Patriotic and American than the other kids on the field. Right ! Automatic standing ovations regardless ! the nerve of these other corps to even think of scoring higher, just because they work their tails off

• Like 1