Allen TX's new megastadium complete

FWIW, the Berry Center there for the Houston show was a fantastic venue. Seriously - easy to get in and out, a stupifying amount of parking, no bad sight lines in the place, open concourses and the wings with the concessions are open so you can still see the field while in line. I'd support DCI there every year...

... if it wasn't for the heat, which almost sent me to an EMT (seriously).

But it's still a spectacular stadium - probably the nicest non-regional venue I've ever attended for a DCI show.

Mike

• Like 2

Ya, we do it differently here it TX. My school's stadium was nothing fancy compared to many that we traveled to for football games in HS or competitions...

It only held 10,500... lol

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=401#.UB_tgMie6RA

Haha I'm in the marching band at my school and our football opener this year is against Allen, i'm pretty sure their expecting well over 20,000 people to be there. we may even preform a piece along with the Allen band so there would be over 1000 student musicians on the field.

If only PA valued education as much as Texas does.

I don't think its education they value in Texas... its football! :wink:

• Like 1

seems like (from my few visits related to drum corps) a lot of stadiums in texas are shared among a school district, aka multiple high schools... is this true/accurate?

Down here in the Houston area it is. Our district uses Traylor Stadium which holds 12k and was built in 1960 so it's one of the older ones in the area. It's shared by 4 schools. No. 5 will be added in a year or 2.

514.jpg

Please, oh please, oh please Lake Highlands High School, move your DCI show to Allen and share the proceeds. The fans have suffered enough in that tight, cramped stadium with no parking.

• Like 1