Live Streaming Finals

This. Finals attendance is already no very good. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see finals streamed on the FN, or via fathom events in a movie theatre, however...how many thousand would stay home. I would love to see finals in the theatre w/ commentary.

If they really want to fix this, they would get the heck out of Indy and start going to different cities. Preferably with a stadium that is not a closed dome, but one that is open. I miss the different city location every year method they used before this god forsaken contract was signed by DCI and Indy. :devil:

• Like 2

This really comes down to how much people would be willing to pay for a live Finals stream.

The expense of going to finals is not so much the ticket as the airfare & hotel (especially if you are bringing the family).

What if you had to pay the price of a Premium ticket for the Finals stream? What if you had to buy it bundled with the DVD? It's still way cheaper than the cost of actually going in person.

It's about 10:45 on the west coast. As I type this I'm watching NASA's live video stream of the Curiosity landing on Mars.

Let me repeat that:

I'm watching a live stream of a space ship landing on another planet. Complete with almost instant satellite pics of the rover on Mars.

And yet DCI doesn't live stream Finals?!

Yes, I know NASA is a bit different than DCI. And yes, I'm being quite a bit facetious here in tone.

But in this day and age, we can see a live stream of absolutely incredible human history of an autonomous space vessel landing safely on Mars. Technology is awesome, and DCI has shown they can adeptly live stream shows, but they are still hesitant to make the jump and live stream Finals.

Come on, DCI: we live in an age when NASA took the risk to sent an autonomously operating space ship to Mars. I think it's time for DCI to take the risk to live stream World Class Finals. I WANT to give you more money for seeing finals live; can we work this out sometime in the insanely near future please?!

it's really easy to do the math on how DCI can make this work for them. It's finals...it won't hurt attendance. People thatwant to go and can go, will go. Why? It's ####### finals!!

Look...then fan network without the dvd/blueray deals is $65 for all that they offer...and they offer a ton!

So for the Fn subscribers, add $30 to the annual subscription to watch finals.

for those that do not subscribe, but want the one time purchase, charge em $50. Why more than the $24.99 for regionals?

Well duh, IT'S FINALS!

• Like 2

DVD, wuts that??? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I understand the DVD sales thing. BUT, I see no reason to not to stream a live ONLY finals option. For one, I really don't think anyone that has plans of attending finals live would quit going in favor of a live stream. But, for those of us that can't go, a live stream would be great. For me, it isn't the ticket price at all. I could easily muster that, but the hotel, plane ticket, etc. is what keeps me away. I really don't think a live only stream would hurt DVD sales either, just IMO. I'm happy to pay for Fan Network once a year to get my fix for past and current performances. I'd be willing to pay either more per year or pay a separate fee for a finals stream. I'll probably never buy a DVD. Heck, I don't even own a player anymore. I get all media through streaming services. Don't even have cable anymore. In conclusion, I'd love to get to finals, as I haven't attended since I was marching on the field, and I will as soon as I can get it together to afford the journey. But, from where I sit, DCI is losing potential extra profit from me by NOT taking my money for a live stream of finals.

• Like 1

Here is my opinion (Please don't neg me for it)

Streaming finals would cut substantially into DCI's DVD sales as well as attendance numbers. And, I know this seems selfish BUT I feel that finals is a very...what is the word...sacred/historical event. If you want to experience it, either go or buy the DVD.

I am a high school band director and as we all know, teachers don't bring home very big paychecks. However, I save a small amount every paycheck so I can fly or drive to Indy (from Florida) every year at the end of the summer (during our band camps) to witness Finals. I know if I can do it, most anyone can. It just takes planning.

Anyway, just my opinion.

The Super Bowl is a sacred event, and it's on free tv. So is the Final Four.

Yes they have mega sponsors etc.

However, even if I wanted to go to those, odds are I couldn't. And There are far more people who can't go to finals ( or hat the stadium) that would still pay $$$ to see finals online.

Look, I'm no LOS fan, but I couldn't go this year even if I wanted to. Probably not for a few years. But would I pay extra to get my HDMI cable out, hook it to the tv and laptop and watch the stream?

Hell yes

• Like 1

The want to increase the public exposure to drum corps, then stream finals free - no membership, no tie-in to DVD sales - make it free. Fan network is still used for other content during the summer. The theater is still there for the big screen group experience. People who go to championship week shows will still go. There are all kinds of music and sporting events being streamed live on the Internet and they are used to reach an audience that cannot view the event in any other way. DCI should do the same. It does no good charging for or withholding a product that has limited acceptance from paying customers.

• Like 2

If they really want to fix this, they would get the heck out of Indy and start going to different cities. Preferably with a stadium that is not a closed dome, but one that is open. I miss the different city location every year method they used before this god forsaken contract was signed by DCI and Indy. :devil:

YES...Exactly! Look at Atlanta, the turnout for a regional was comparable to Finals. Remember the Rose Bowl? I know logistically it's easier to set the schedule each year to end at Indy, but it's not helping the activity grow in popularity having finals in the same place every year.

• Like 1

What would you be willing to pay for a ticket to the theaters for finals night?

What would you be willing to pay to stream it on your computer?

At the Theater on a Friday night will not happen ... because of busy movie weekends ...

But i would pay $50.00

Finals at home?

$100.00, maybe more ...

We've attended all the Championships since the movie to Indy/Bloomington. Honestly, I don't see us going back next year ...

It's a taking time off issue for me ... with work reducing how much PTO we can carry into the next year and aging parents, I need to use my time off wisely.