Buy Souvenirs In Indy!

Travel budget to Indy:

Ticket money?: Check

Hotel money?: Check

Gas money?: Check

Meal money?: Check

Support your favorite corps PLUS at least one other random corps by buying souvenir(S)?: CHECK!!!

This is "BLACK FRIDAY" for many corps as it relates to their souvenir sales. Many of us find it easy to remember to buy something from our favorite corps. But, in addition to the ONE corps that you absolutely love and would buy everything they sell (GOOD), find another corps at the show to buy something from (BETTER). If we all do that, we can really help - and come home with some pretty cool souvie's.

BTW - one more budget item:

Fuel donations?: CHECK!!! (BEST)

THANK YOU!!!thumbup.gif

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 4

Travel budget to Indy:

Support your favorite corps PLUS one other random corps by buying souvenir(S)?: CHECK!!!

This is "BLACK FRIDAY" for many corps as it relates to their souvenir sales. Many of us find it easy to remember to buy something from our favorite corps. But, in addition to the ONE corps that you absolutely love and would buy everything they sell (GOOD), find another corps at the show to buy something from (BETTER). If we all do that, we can really help - and come home with some pretty cool souvie's.

THANK YOU!!!thumbup.gif

GREAT POST!

That fuel fund is important! I give at every table, even if it's only a dollar or two for each. It's the best money you will ever spend. Even though many shop at our corps faves booths, some do offer practical items as well. Crown has ChopSaver lip balm at an incredible price!! I bought several while in SA.

Everyone have fun, and be safe!

• Like 1

And don't forget- Its only 138 more days until Christmas! Avoid the last minute rush. A t-shirt for Jimmy, a DVD for Sue...

(This post NOT officially sanctioned by the 2012 Cadets.)

Travel budget to Indy:

Support your favorite corps PLUS at least one other random corps by buying souvenir(S)?: CHECK!!!

THANK YOU!!!

thumbup.gif

This is the best case example I've seen of a positive thread that offers constructive suggestions that anyone can take to heart to help make the activity better. This is the Chuck Norris of DCP threads! :thumbup::worthy:

Edited by Michael Boo

Great post!!!

I've been trying to drop a few extra $$$ in the fuel fund jars of those Corps that have picked up Teal Sound, Racine, etc. members. Did so in Atl and will do so in Indy.

At least one housing site in Indy is under a boil water advisory. They will need to purchase water for the duration of the week. I only know of Jersey Surf in Brazil IN. But if there are others please stop by and drop some cash. This is one on those expenses that cannot be foreseen.

Also consider giving a dollar or more to Jersey Surf--At Allentown they passed out all those free Banana Sticks which added to the show a great deal. i went right after the show and put in five bucks. Does anyone know if those sticks will be allowed at Indy?

Glad other folks do this as well ...

All Corps get $10 from me no matter if I want an item or not ... and I never ask for change ...

For all the collector types out there like me, buy a lapel pin from each corps ... always around $5 ... and start your own personal DCI collection.

Be sure to stop by and visit with Forrest at his Drum Corps Miniatures booth.