Finals week discussion thread

Man I hope I can control my nervous bowels. :tongue:

No, but seriously, I get far too jumpy about these last two shows of the season. :lookaround:

Prior to 4 PM CST, as always.

The Greenville Cadets have really surprised me this season. This is their first season in DCPI and they have made it to the semi-final round. Super proud of the kids at Black and Gold as well. We had a few illnesses out of some sections which hurt us but great season to everyone and can't wait to see everyone at semi's to tonight.

• Like 2

The Greenville Cadets have really surprised me this season. This is their first season in DCPI and they have made it to the semi-final round. Super proud of the kids at Black and Gold as well. We had a few illnesses out of some sections which hurt us but great season to everyone and can't wait to see everyone at semi's to tonight.

Congrats! :thumbup:

Welp, I just mis-clicked while updating my captions for Xothyme, so regardless of how well they did tonight you can minus one contender for Class A, because they're going to drop ~1 point at Finals. :doh::wall::cry:

Scores are up, and holy snap were they close tonight!

Congratulations to our finalist corps, and to all corps who completed their seasons tonight. Appearing tomorrow, in reverse order of performance, will be:

Class A

Nastalgia Percussion Ensemble

T-Boltz of Southern Colorado

Cape Cod Regiment

Knights of Note

Cross

Hg

Inland Empire Elite

Lowell Lancers

Xothyme

The Bolts

Privateers

Cincinnati Glory

Open Class

Oregon Marauders

Tokyo Tornadoes

Knights of Sound

Les Blanc Chevaliers

Star of Hawaii

Storm Troopers

Sons of Thunder

Mercury

Nastalgia

The Screws

Man Scouts

Texas Zephyrs

World Class

Polaris Regiment

Tennessee Nipples

Knights of Power

Elite Brigade

Rocky Mountain Thunder

Nastalgia Vanguard

The Stud Bolts

Great Lakers

Star of Jupiter

Renegade Brigade

California Knights

The Knights

LOL. Both Oregon and Polaris won Semis? Grrreeeaat. :huh2:

This is the fourth time in nine seasons Polaris has won Semis. Still looking for that elusive first gold. Here's hoping.

And here's a stat for you: this is the fourth season IN A ROW that Oregon Marauders have won Open Class semis. The prior three did not turn into Finals night gold.

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGH.

holy BLEEEEEP I pulled a Crossmen and made finals LOL The Knights SURE looked to be out of it, but along with Cape Cod Regiment and Les Blanc Chevalier---HERE WE COME!!!!

Lots of storylines heading into finals tomorrow.

In WC, you have 3 corps (Polaris, Knights of Power and Elite Brigade) that have been incredibly consistent all season long, as well as the Tennessee Nipples, one of the few remaining founding members who are on a huge late-season surge, that all have a good chance of taking home gold tomorrow, not to mention Rocky Mountain Thunder continuing their remarkable run and Nastalgia Vanguard looking to play spoiler and end the FANFARE dominance of the last few seasons. Throw in a 3-way battle for the Knight Sword and ultimate bragging rights, and it's definitely going to be an exciting night.

Open Class and Class A are no less exciting, as Open Class featured a 3-way tie for 13th place with Texas Zephyrs inching ahead to get the last finals spot, along with Oregon Marauders winning semis for the 4th consecutive season, Tokyo Tornadoes holding strong in second and 4 more corps nipping at their heels. Meanwhile, Class A features some newcomers (Lowell Lancers and Southern Colorado T-Boltz) who have thrown themselves into the mix along with the "usual suspects" of Cross, Cape Cod Regiment, Xothyme, etc.

But there's some heartbreak as well. Last season's world class champs, Quiksilver, will be on the outside looking in, Crimson Lions suffered a bitter disappointment to finish 18th, Appalachians couldn't recapture their prelims-night magic and wound up in 20th (The Curse is still alive and kicking) and OVT and Mountain Devils, bitter rivals during the season, both missed out on advancing to finals by the narrowest of margins. I think they're both having a massive couch-burning party out in the lot to let off some steam.