Here we go again.....

Gosh..This really makes me think twice about going out for their line..

What were the unexpected costs? I'm not finding anything on their website or their Facebook page.

Edit: I really hope this isn't a repeat of last year.

Edited by Danpod

After last year, this is really unfortunate.

-Mike

Yes, it really is. At least this time they didn't leave the kids hung out to dry and they've made arrangements for the age-outs as well. I think or, I hope this is just a bumpy patch for them and they've got their act together.

• Like 1

Revolution has made the decision to leave a few days early when an unfortunate situation arose involving the equipment trailer. Upon returning to the housing site following their prelims performance it was discovered that the equipment trailer had somehow suffered severe damage, including two broken axles. While Revolution was fortunate enough to be prepared for the inevitable emergencies that happen on the road, the price tag to repair the truck to a working and safe condition proved to be an extremely costly endeavor. Following the completion of Revolution’s 2012 competitive goals, including Open Class Finals, the organization resolved that its best interest would be to get the members and equipment home safely to South Texas. Before the rumor mill gets started, Revolution has had a very successful 2012 season! A $12,000 repair so close to the end of tour is an unfortunate event, however instead of toeing that compromising thin line for a few days, we will go home safely with our heads held high.

• Like 9

%$@%## ######!

Okay, it's not as bad as it sounds. Still sucks though.

Edited by Barifonium
  • Like 1

Revolution has made the decision to leave a few days early when an unfortunate situation arose involving the equipment trailer. Upon returning to the housing site following their prelims performance it was discovered that the equipment trailer had somehow suffered severe damage, including two broken axles. While Revolution was fortunate enough to be prepared for the inevitable emergencies that happen on the road, the price tag to repair the truck to a working and safe condition proved to be an extremely costly endeavor. Following the completion of Revolutions 2012 competitive goals, including Open Class Finals, the organization resolved that its best interest would be to get the members and equipment home safely to South Texas. Before the rumor mill gets started, Revolution has had a very successful 2012 season! A $12,000 repair so close to the end of tour is an unfortunate event, however instead of toeing that compromising thin line for a few days, we will go home safely with our heads held high.

Man, was just telling someone the other day that many corps are one "Oh ####" away from being (financially) unable to contiue operations. Being the son and grandson of auto mechanics I can imagine the logistic and money nightmare this is. Not only the 12K repair bill but how to handle safeguarding the equipment or getting it home in rentals while repairs are being made.

Thank you for the info..... And kudos to the corps management for what appears to be a well thought out set of decisions.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I just feel really bad for the members who had bought airline tickets to fly home or to school Sunday after Finals. Hope they could find housing with one of the other corps for the balance of the week.

It sounds like they already had found the solution from the DCI.org article.