Free Prelims stream

I think the scores are going to start more or less righting themselves now

yeah once they're over the Open corps the spreads will open up. There will probably be a bigger gap between OC and whoever is right above them then there should be but that will close up tomorrow when they get the Open corps interspersed during the performance and can better rate them against the World class corps.

So. What do you Dinos think about the synth at the end of THAT one?

You're right. I don't generally like synth use, but it works well in "Party Anthem" where after all, it's a key part of the original. They use electronics effectively generally.

Get on the phones. We need a Surf exhibition Saturday night.

There is precedent for that--not by phone-tree popular demand--but DCI has invited select corps to perform in exhibition Saturday. So there's a chance.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the judges underscored the Open corps since this is probably the first time most have seen them and when Pioneer came out and wasn't as good as the open corps they had to score them below what they gave those corps. Scores are irrelevant only the spread matters. The judges did what they were supposed to do and put a later corps under earlier corps if they didn't think they did better.

While I get where you're coming from, scores are supposed to come from performance in relation to the criteria outlined on the sheets. Pioneer's performance/scores was a known and consistent factor. They've been scored on World Class sheets all season and should have continued an upward trend in scoring just off of pure practice and repetition. Introducting Open Class corps to the mix shouldn't have changed what Pioneer was scoring over the past two weeks.

Just sucks to look at the kids and say... oh yeah, you busted your buns the past two weeks... Better Every Day... but your score went down.

Edited by PioneerWebmaster

Surf did the Bridgemen fall at the end. That made my day

And a "judge" in the dancing quartet.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me if corps are required to use members to do the voice overs? I was struck by how so many sound like a highschool drama tryout. Why don't corps pay a little to hire a professional voice over?

Am I the only one whos stream suddenly stopped at the beginning of Surf's performance?

Had been running since the beginning of the show, but it waited until Surf started to get interrupted...

Took until halfway through to get it going again!

The conspiracy nut in me says DCI did that on purpose to get more people to buy the pay-for stuff......

oh yeah, and cattle mutilations are up, as well.....

Bummer.....

Troopers = sigh

While I get where you're coming from, scores are supposed to come from performance in relation to the criteria outlined on the sheets. Pioneer's performance/scores was a known and consistent factor. They've been scored on World Class sheets all season and should have continued an upward trend in scoring just off of pure practice and repetition. Introducting Open Class corps to the mix shouldn't have changed what Pioneer was scoring over the past two weeks.

Just sucks to look at the kids and say... oh yeah, you busted your buns the past two weeks... Better Every Day... but your score went down.

Outside if the top 6 or 8, don't most scores dip the last week?