Crossmen in Finals

I really thought Xmen should have been ahead of BStars tonight at Prelims...(no offense meant to BStars or fans/just rooting for my hometowns corps) I was very impressed with the great cleaning that they've done in past few weeks.... To me, Crossmen should be in Finals come Saturday!!! GO CROSSMEN KICK BOOTY TOMORROW!!! What do you guys think?

Wes P

• Like 4

Blue Stars had a rough run...hope it cleans up tomorrow. They better watch it, as much as I hate to say it. I think they're still saving their best run for tomorrow. Still have faith! Wish both could be in finals, that'd make me very happy. I think they'll stay ahead, but Bones wants it too, they're the underdog here. Gotta stick with my favorite corps though.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

As good as the crossmen may sound, they hardly move.... at all (comparing them to the corps above them). When they do move it is dirty. They'll have to pick up that visual score if anything is to happen. I too think that the crossmen have a great show, but it just isn't finals material yet in my book. Maybe next year bones. In all honesty though, the crossmen came out of no where. I recall listening to them last year and they were decent but kind of an earsore. This year they really turned things around and picked up the pace, props to them and I've got to think there have to be some very proud alumni out there.

I was very surprised at the spread between Blue Stars and Spirit, at the last show Blue Stars actually beat Spirit, must have been indeed a rough run.

Reasons why Stars will keep their finals spot

- Percussion Score

- Colorguard Score

- Aggressive and demanding program visually as well as musically

Edited by TimbreDeBrass

I really thought Xmen should have been ahead of BStars tonight at Prelims...(no offense meant to BStars or fans/just rooting for my hometowns corps) I was very impressed with the great cleaning that they've done in past few weeks.... To me, Crossmen should be in Finals come Saturday!!! GO CROSSMEN KICK BOOTY TOMORROW!!! What do you guys think?

Wes P

Just saying you think they should be in finals doesn't really make a conversation. Mind sharing specific reasons you believe Blue Stars shouldn't be in finals and Crossmen should?

Just saying you think they should be in finals doesn't really make a conversation. Mind sharing specific reasons you believe Blue Stars shouldn't be in finals and Crossmen should?

I thought Xmen sound better have a better musical book and execute better. At this point demand which BStars has in vis has to be performed.... Just my opinion but Xmen outperformed BStars tonight... They were cleaner and I think their show is solid! Also rooting for Xmen, would be great to see them in Saturday night show.;)

• Like 1

Maybe if they add Australia -- a Semi-Finals surprise?

• Like 1

I thought Crosmen would have placed at least 12th tonight, however, I can't say I totally disagree with the judging in this situation since Crossmen and Blue Stars were so close. For me, the surprise was Blue Knights. I had a hard time believing they placed above Spirit, and would have thought they would have placed 13th. I was obviously way off. I do love BK's closer, but the horns do not play as much as I would expect and I thought they started off rather timidly.

• Like 1