Crossmen in Finals

Maybe if they add Australia -- a Semi-Finals surprise?

Or Antarctica:) but intonation would suffer then....

Wow I got a minus for starting this thread... LMAO

As good as the crossmen may sound, they hardly move.... at all (comparing them to the corps above them). When they do move it is dirty. They'll have to pick up that visual score if anything is to happen. I too think that the crossmen have a great show, but it just isn't finals material yet in my book. Maybe next year bones. In all honesty though, the crossmen came out of no where. I recall listening to them last year and they were decent but kind of an earsore. This year they really turned things around and picked up the pace, props to them and I've got to think there have to be some very proud alumni out there.

I was very surprised at the spread between Blue Stars and Spirit, at the last show Blue Stars actually beat Spirit, must have been indeed a rough run.

Reasons why Stars will keep their finals spot

- Percussion Score

- Colorguard Score

- Aggressive and demanding program visually as well as musically

It wont be their colorguard score. As I have said in other threads, Mike Lentz is the guard judge tomorrow, and has scored crossmen higher than stars the last 2 times he has judged them. I do find it odd just beating spirit and then dropping so far... was beating spirit a fluke in the first place??? Idk I was not there. But it all plays out a little odd to me. No conspiracy theories out of me though. I love some competition! Best of luck to both groups tomorrow, and to all of the corps performing!

I think if Crossmen do make it this year we will start to see them rise through the ranks in upcoming seasons. Texans may feel they can get their top 12 fix a little closer to home. I truly hope Crossmen do it.

Go Bones!

• Like 1

Just saying you think they should be in finals doesn't really make a conversation. Mind sharing specific reasons you believe Blue Stars shouldn't be in finals and Crossmen should?

All 4 GE judges had them above Blue Stars. I would concede percussion--which has been shaky for them all year--but color guard has been one of their strengths. I was surprised to see that there was a whole point spread between the two. I didn't see the performance, so it could have been a rough night for them?

I was very surprised at the spread between Blue Stars and Spirit, at the last show Blue Stars actually beat Spirit, must have been indeed a rough run.

Reasons why Stars will keep their finals spot

- Percussion Score

- Colorguard Score

- Aggressive and demanding program visually as well as musically

Yeah whats up with that? bad run or not i didnt think the stars would fall that far behind spirit tonight.

Anywho, corps affiliation aside i agree with everything stated here. The Crossmen have always been one of my favorite corps and want nothing more but for them to return to finals, but if the corps they have to shake down to get them there is the blue stars (not on a bad day) i dont see it happening.

The track record of the 13th place corps from the first round of prelims being able to slip into finals is not a good one.

We have to go back to 1990 Dutch Boy.

Best wishes to Crossmen today.

I have to say boo... Hahaha that's cause Dutch Boy slipped past BK... BK was gonna make it's first finals that year... Our corps song came out of 90 and was fitting of the time- I Go On.... They made it the next year in 9th so its all good. Dutch Boy was a deserving 12th that year no doubt. It actually occurrd again in 2002... The corps that got knocked out ? BK, it was Magic if we remember that knocked BK from their 12th perch becoming the first and only Div II/Open Class corps to make finals. I believe they ended up 10th that finals night.

Maybe since it hasn't happened for awhile it's fate and will happen today? Either way Go Xmen and Go Blue Stars. Both corps deserve finals spots and likely only one makes it barring a tie!

Wes P

• Like 1

If they both go out and put in the same shows as last night, Crossmen should be in finals because the guard score should be higher. (this judge places the guard higher than Blue Stars)

IMO, it is all going to come down to that guard score tonite to determine the placements.

I don't usually examine the recaps, but yes the guard score could do it. BS in 9th with a 17.30 and Bones in 13th with a 16.30, that is a full point and the Crossmen only need to close that score .35 for a tie. Not sure if the drumline can throw a few more tenths into the pot, but it wouldn't hurt.

I think with such a close point spread between the two corps, this might be the best chance for a flip-flop in placement from Thursday to Friday.

Well, if it weren't for that 1.0 spread to Blue Stars in colorguard last night, Xmen would have been 12th. Crossmen beat Blue Stars in CG at Allentown by 0.3 (heck they also beat Madison's guard at Allentown last Saturday night, but were 0.5 BEHIND Madison in CG last night). I saw the theater performance last nite and the Crossmen guard looked pretty good...not the bomb that the scores would lead you to believe.

Overall, Xmen were 12th in both GE captions last night (one GE judge had them in 11th, all GE judges had them 1 placement above Blue Stars). Xmen also ahead of BlueStars in Visual Analysis, Brass & Music Analysis. Behind Blue Stars in Visual Proficiency (0.4 point spread), CG (1.0 point spread) and Percussion (0.6 point spread).

As a member of the '89 corps (when we returned to finals), I remember the hype of today (the day of Semi's). The energy level, excitement and anticipation at rehearsal that day was awesome. We were rehearsing at Plattsburg (home of the "Plattsburgers") and blew it away at Arrowhead that night.

What I wouldn't give to be at rehearsal today, to be on the bus on the way to the stadium, to be in the tunnel, to watch them rip it up tonight! Go Bones!!!!