Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Factory

Congrats to the Crossmen! Wow, long time no see in the top 12.

Great job Blue Stars! This corps probably gets my most improved award. Their drill was every bit as hard as Crown, Cadets, or SCV. One of the most demanding drills out there. In the end, I think they struggled to pull GE out of the show.

As for the Blue Knights, that show may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I LOVE it! The show is a design masterpiece by Sylvester. Love the music. I did think their brass had some problems tonight, and I think Spirit jumps back over them. But way to go BK!

• Like 2

I think BK was great and Spirit, well good but not better the BK for my taste!

• Like 2

I love how most of the hornlines have stepped up their collective games. They sound really good this year! thumbup.gif

Scouts, love the show, but man (!) the dutting!

Ok, am I crazy, or does anyone else think the "greatest hits" stuff in Madison's show detracts from Pictures? I hope they close the door to the closet where they keep the old stuff and do something more along the lines of cool interpretations of Pictures in 2013.

By the way, best brass sound since like '99.

For me, I have a hard time not comparing their iteration to all the other Firebird shows that have been done (thinking Phantom...07?). By comparison, I dunno...sci-fi and Firebird just don't mix, to me. A strong, energetic closer, though. Good for them. Still hoping SOA moves up, though.

Sci-Fi/Firebird works. Listen to Walter (Wendy) Carlos version of Firebird

Congrats Bones!

Gotta feel for Stars, from a TOC corps last year to out of Finals...ouch!

No kidding, a G8 corps to out of finals is a rough jump down, I hope that they can bring back the heat next year and retain their staff.

Ok, am I crazy, or does anyone else think the "greatest hits" stuff in Madison's show detracts from Pictures? I hope they close the door to the closet where they keep the old stuff and do something more along the lines of cool interpretations of Pictures in 2013.

By the way, best brass sound since like '99.

Yeah, I think the Madison "brand" has been re-established now, so next year there's no need to go to the well again, so to speak. I know that design team can come up with something absolutely amazing for 2013.