Cadets2 and Scranton

It's all right, man. Meds or not, I myself have been looking forward to going to that show since I pulled out of the parking lot at Downingtown. I think it's been on a lot of the fan's minds.

yeah i kinda jumped the shark...........lol

Prediction (because i started the thread and like to go out on a limb to be controversial): C2 surprises in a few captions (esp drums) and either knocks on the door or actually places ahead of one of the traditional Open corps.

Seriously? That had been discussed several times. They might do it, but they would be limited to people within reasonable traveling distance so I would expect it to be relatively few people. And yes, they can do it. Corps do it every year.

One thing nobody has mentioned, but it's been in the back of my mind since they first announced this venture. Does anyone think they may fill their holes with members of the DCI corps for this last push to championships? Can they even do that per DCA rules?

lol

an annonymous posting? lol NOT!

but just in case...

There are no dca rules about this issue - abolished many years ago...

I hope every corps has filled their holes and wish them all well...

They don't have that many holes left (or didn't the last time I saw them). Who cares how they fill them? Every other corps has the same opportunity to fill open positions that C2 does.

They have filled the holes, at least visually.

They have filled the holes, at least visually.

Since Saturday night? :devil:

I think it would be funny as Hades if C2 did pick up some DCI'ers after Finals

and none of them marched Cadets..... :tongue:

s/ guy trying to remember if we picked up 2 Cadets in 84 or 85.... :doh:

Since Saturday night? :devil:

I think it would be funny as Hades if C2 did pick up some DCI'ers after Finals

and none of them marched Cadets..... :tongue:

s/ guy trying to remember if we picked up 2 Cadets in 84 or 85.... :doh:

Actually, yes. they did pick up some of the Cadets already. They did not have a lot of holes anyway. The ones who were going to C2 had access to drill charts earlier to learn their dots at a basic level, but not the music.

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1

Actually, yes. they did pick up some of the Cadets already. They did not have a lot of holes anyway. The ones who were going to C2 had access to drill charts earlier to learn their dots at a basic level, but not the music.

Cool..... Second funniest thing I remember about the two Cadets (sops) we picked up was they were stressing that they wouldn't learn the music in the week or so they had. I mean worried that they were going to catch Hades about it.

Funniest thing was our corps was in another rebuilding year and we were trying to build a good base for the future. IOW - we knew that seasons placing would be crap but the future was what we were worried about. Sometime during the day I heard someone ask the Cadets "So how does it feel to win DCI and not even make DCA Finals a few weeks later?" :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari