semi finals

I think this is the first review I've posted on any show. I'm old school but am enjoying some of what I see today....... Sorry - but I didn't comment on everyone.

Surf - what can I say? I loved Bridgemen so can't help loving Jersey Surf. How will they top this show next year?

Blue Devils B - LOVE your show but the guard uniforms and some of the flags disappear into the turf. See final notes

Oregon Crusaders - why haven't I watched you all year? LOVE IT!!!

Colts - Love the show - red plumes on the shakos do a great job of making the MM's look taller and filling out the forms - not so crazy about the guard uniforms but I'm sure there's a reason for the head gear. LOVE the dm soloist!!!!

Sorry Troopers - really enjoyed you last year but I'm not a steampunk fan so don't really get your show this year

Pacific Crest - nice full sound from the horn line, beautiful field coverage in the ballad - lovely flag work. Would like to see the soloists play to the crowd - not the mic. Beautiful change to the flag colours - well done!!!

Academy - purple guard unitforms are ok! Need to ensure the pike things are all placed in the posting pots facing the same way..... details people!!!. LOVE the bass drum feature! Beautiful form with the shakos left in the star-like form. Beautiful flags! Nice ending.

Glassmen - nice use of he drumline during the ballad. if they can't drum during that piece use them to fill out the form. Nice closer.

Crossmen - awesome opener! "proof that you don't need no stinkin' microphones for the soloists"..... (quoting my hubby although I totally agree)... nice show overall

Blue Stars - really like the clean lines of the uniform. nice flag feature in the opener. nice full sound from the horn line.

Spirit - nice opener - love Frank! Great exchange colourguard! really good use of the grey on the uniform. Excellent flag feature. Too much naration for my taste.

Blue Knights - sorry - not my thing.

Madison - seriously, what's not to love? Bass drum feature in the opener - heaven! OMG!!! the beautiful closer with NO flags??? No backdrop? Really??? Come on, give me big sound and big flags!!! FINISH BIG!!!

Boston - love the classic uniform. Nice rifle feature with the exchange. Big company front and it sort of fizzled. Now it's coming back - here we go. Nice ending.

Cavaliers - sorry - break time

Bluecoats - nice closer.

SCV - colour guard is disappearing into the turf in the wide angle view. Up close the uniforms look like pajamas. Doesn't take away from the beautifully executed work however. Horn line has the nice full sound expected from SCV. And the symbol line is as awesome as ever. Simply beautiful.Thank you! Why is this not beating the Christmas show?

Cadets - sorry - gave Christmas a pass

Phantom - sorry again. I promise to watch it on the finals DVD.

Crown - beautiful field coverage. Big sound! Love it!

Blue Devils - love the sound when the horn line plays and mostly get the concept but really not a fan of the constant narration.

Final notes to all corps, (because I'm totally sure they read all of the comments on DCP and take them into consideration - /sarcasm off )

Please put a little more thought into the uniforms - some colours (BDB guard for example) disappear into the turf on tv and even live for those of us who need glasses to see the detail.

Really like the fact that more corps are marching the colour guard in the same uniforms instead of the variety with the same colour theme. Matching uniforms are so much nicer and makes it easier to see the forms.

If you're going to use the large/long plums for the shakos (and aussies -Crossmen) make sure they are all straight and that the MM's are aware of their head angles when marching and when using the whole body in the pictures. They are so effective and make the pictures/forms more visible, however one plume on the wrong angle sticks out like a sore thumb.

Final notes to DCI tv camera crew.....

Some nice work on capturing individual members. More focus on some of the drum features would be good but over all a good job.

To Lucas Oil Stadium

Do you really need the Indiana Colts emblem in the center field for the weekend? Seriously? Couldn't you just leave it green until Monday?

Looking forward to hearing the scores tomorrow night (later today actually)

To Lucas Oil Stadium

Do you really need the Indiana Colts emblem in the center field for the weekend? Seriously? Couldn't you just leave it green until Monday?

The Colts play a preseason game on Sunday afternoon. Devils are playing halftime I believe.

To Lucas Oil Stadium

They do need the logo this weekend because the Indianapolis (not Indiana) Colts are playing there on Sunday with the Blue Devils as the halftime entertainment.

They do need the logo this weekend because the Indianapolis (not Indiana) Colts are playing there on Sunday with the Blue Devils as the halftime entertainment.

Thanks for the clarification (I'm also Canadian so not totally fluent on the NFL team names). Makes sense to have the logo there for those reasons but it takes away from the look, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Kelly99

Super awesome for both BD and drum corps in general. Hopefully people will actually pay attention. I wonder if they'll be doing their show or some kind of standstill-encore type deal (what I would think is more likely)

I would hope they do the full drill - why not, crowd might dig it.

As to the OP's points: I'm really with you on the guard costuming thing. These shows need to play to the stands and the guard needs to pop! Finely detailed costumes are not nearly as important as the color impact on turf. Always my big gripe with SCV this year (along with many others). Phantom wins this hands down, and even points to Academy for pink/black contrast. End fashion blog rant lol.

Break during Cavies & PR?

Man you needed to pee a lot!!!

Makes sense to have the logo there for those reasons but it takes away from the look, if you know what I mean.

No different from the logo on the field at Arrowhead Stadium or any other finals sites.